LegacyGT.com

HVAC won't switch air direction

So my 96 legacys blend doors or something are stuck. They won't switch to face or feet or anything anymore. Do I need to pull the dash out and see if something jammed the blend doors?

is the cable running from the control unit to the switch attached? I lost my clip and it won't stay attached. You can use your finger to move the switch. If that doesn't work then it's something deeper in.

Mine did that for the past couple years. (it works fine now-somehow it fixed itself)

But anyway,,

I used to change the blend door manually twice a year. Face for A/C months, Def/Floor for the rest of the year.

Above and to the right of the throttle pedal is where the blend door cam is. It is white greasy plastic wheel with a slot in it. There is a plastic arm that moves in the slot. It was just getting hung up on mine. All I had to do was set the control where I wanted the air to come from, reach up and tap the blend door cam and it would move to the correct position.

EDIT:It may not be the fix you're looking for but mine did "fix" itself. It may just need a few cycles to work itself out

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Archived