LegacyGT.com

Fair Price for 2007 Legacy GT Spec B

VQpoweredZ

Hi everyone,

New member here, I apologize that I haven't done my usual digging through the forums to find answers for myself, but I was hoping you guys could give me some insight.

Long story short, i'm looking for a daily driver. I'm aiming for AWD and reliability so I am mainly looking at used Subarus.

I came across a fully stock, never modified 2007 Legacy Spec B with 85,000 miles. It just had the timing belt and clutch replaced. It looks to be in good condition, very clean. I haven't seen it yet since it is a good distance away. Should I be concerned with this high of mileage? Anything in particular that I should look for?

If the CarFax checks out (no accidents etc.), what would you guys think is a fair price to pay for the car?

Thanks!

I can't comment on a fair price, but a lot of people here would jump on a un-modded 07 spec B. The miles are high, but not too high to be worrisome as long as all the scheduled maintenance has been taken care of and its been treated kindly. I'm sure others will chime in to answer your question.

Fair hmmm its a 2007 the owner should be cognizant of that too high and you could simply jump to a newer vehicle. 85K miles is nothing even for a owner that doesnt change oil every 3500-4K miles if its unmodded and drives solid what ever they are asking shouldnt be more than what you could get a newer model with the same miles for less if that makes sense.

Ballpark? 14k to 17k depending on condition, completeness of maintenance history, area you're located in, etc.

I would say closer to higher end of that given that the timing belt and clutch would cost ~$2500 for parts and labor. The T-Belt is required at 105k miles and clutches can go out whenever (I have the same car, and mine went out at 92k). There's a lot of factors here. I would likely not pay that much for a car with any mystery in its history. Post more info when you have it; I'm sure others will chime in.

Also, I've bought cars with 30k miles and cars with 130k miles. IMO, 85k is not a "high-mileage" car anymore.

I don't find 85K to be high either.

Here's some reference. I bought my 07 2 years ago. It had ~74K on it, no new timing belt, original clutch (I'm at 111K miles now, still holding), Rota Formels, and a BNR 18g (w/e-tune on stock fuel). I paid $16K. I don't regret paying that either...

NADA shows $16K as the Clean Retail price. I would say that would be my ceiling. Private party ceiling would probably be around $14.5K to $15K, for me.

I would def think about accepting a high end offer since the seller replaced timing belt and clutch. However, this would also raise questions for me. Why replace the timing belt almost 20K miles early? Selling point, or mechanical problem? Clutch, like was stated before, is a crap-shoot so that doesn't really stand out to me.

I just picked mine up in October for $16k with 82k miles on it. Dealer was asking over $18k. NADA price was best I could talk them down to. Clean, only some lighting/cosmetic mods(cleared lenses, drl disable, independent fogs), some maintenance records, still original clutch and timing belt.

Thanks for the replies guys. I didn't end up getting the Spec B, but rather a 05 Legacy GT Wagon, 5MT. :)

Nice! Those are hard to find. Introduce yourself / your car in the "New Member Introductions" forum :)

Nice! Those are hard to find. Introduce yourself / your car in the "New Member Introductions" forum :)

Thanks! I did some researching after looking at the Spec B and thought the Wagon would be a good alternative. I just had to make sure it was manual.

I'll make a thread with some pictures after I take delivery on Thursday.

Archived