LegacyGT.com

Keep leaving headlights on at night

Does this happen to anyone else? I swear 2 out of the 7 days of the week, I leave my headlights on. Does this car sound a warning chime of some sort for that?

Maybe I'm just imagining things but it's really bugging me.

Thanks.

Headlights or parking lights? The headlights are supposed to turn off with the ignition - there should be no way to leave them on unless there gas been a modification made to the wire harness. If it's the parking lights, check the switch on top of the steering column.

Headlights or parking lights? The headlights are supposed to turn off with the ignition - there should be no way to leave them on unless there gas been a modification made to the wire harness. If it's the parking lights, check the switch on top of the steering column.

:yeahthat: Only thing that should happen if you leave them on is they come on the next time you drive it.

Thanks so much. That would explain why the lights are off even though the stalk is in the on position when I get in my car. So there is literally no way to leave your headlights on.

I'm new to my legacy. My PRotege5 would beep incessantly if you left the lights on. I guess I'm so used to that happening, this caught me off guard.

I figured out the parking light thing the first day I owned the car. Stumped me for a good 10 minutes. :)

There is one other thing. If the lights are "on" when you start your car, there's a surge that will shorten bulb life considerably.

Thanks bluesuby. I'll try to remember to shut them off. Like I said it happens on occasion. I'm just used to hearing that warning chime for 8 years now.

A lot of people will say disabling the DRLs will extend bulb life. I found that starting the car with lights out and handbrake set (keeps DRL off) extends my bulb life. I also quit buying Silverstars which tend to burn out more frequently.

Archived