LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

So upon inspecting my JDM Spec B nose cut (got it dirt cheap), I noticed that the fender liners are the same as the GT except that there is an added extension riveted to it to cover the slightly wider/longer bumper underside. PN 59120AG120 & 59120AG130.

07vHuPc.jpg

FWIW, these riveted on bits cannot be bought separately.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remove the foam and trim the corner off your USDM bumper beam or pick up a JDM beam as Magnusonsubie said.

Also, sourcing the JDM headlight brackets will definitely help with the fitment as well. These bumpers have a slightly different mounting setup.

This looks like a cheap price for a good condition JDM Spec B bumper, complete with the foglights and metal edge braces...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Subaru-OEM-Legacy-BL-BP-A-C-Spec-B-Front-Bumper-Conversion-Japan-03-07/152930869570?hash=item239b63e142:g:VmkAAOSwl5tam2O4&vxp=mtr

The shipping is all off on that if it is coming from Russia. Most likely the seller would contact you after the fact with the real shipping price.

• 3 weeks later...

1 is for 05-07 legacy wagon one is for 08-09. maybe they are the same, but i guess the real question is will it fit the rev a-c spec b bumper?

looks very similar to this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Subaru-OEM-Legacy-BL-BP-Bumper-Beam-Japan/273073175876?hash=item3f946dfd44:g:~yMAAOSwATxah70q

which is made for the bumper, but unfortunately sold out.

Otherwise, how much work is it to cut down the USDM bumper beam?

also any clue on where to source the brackets for the jdm headlights, or will USDM brackets fit

Thanks for the help in advance

FYI i tried to search through most of this thread but cant really find an answer.

Im swapping from a facelift front end to a jdm rev a-c pre, so I bought fenders, headlights, bumper, grill, and lip. But it appears the bumper does not have the inner metal brackets or fogs (fogs can swap over, can the brackets from usdm?). Also no undertray or fender lining. So if I can bother anyone to let me know what else is 100% needed immediately and what i can source over time i'd be super appreciative.

Edited by stocklgt

I think he was saying both beams i linked on here were the same...

I know they are def not the same, usdm and jdm. Just wondering how much cutting is truly involved.

I found one for $170 shipped, just want to be 100% sure before ordering it