LegacyGT.com

weird smell coming from engine bay

c-lo

I've had this problem for a bit now. doesn't smell like radiator fluid. smells almost like oil spilled on the engine burning off.

but I'm not burning oil; or I should say in 3k miles I'm not losing any oil. I don't see anything the ground or on the bottom of my aluminum skid plate.

i think i smell it more when it's been raining and the engine gets wet from the road.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

yeah mines not weather dependant
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

so you are implying it's normal? cause i do have it set for fresh air to come in.

have to recirculate my farts out:lol:

:hide:

The smell will still exist in the engine bay... you just won't smell it in the cabin anymore :). I have no idea what the smell would be though. Maybe you have a slow leaking gasket that is letting oil seep through and burn off near the manifolds. I'd have them look under there the next time you do an oil change.

When I fart I put it on recirculate... gotta keep that freshness inside -- especially with passengers!! :lol:

and I did have that replaced last month.

Aww snaps.. in my case none of the above :)

I know for a fact nothing was ripped/torn and broken underneath.. and no bags. I actually did look under the car with a flashlight, saw nothing but dripping water, and the engine steamed a bit. I think it was the super steam cleaning from the 45 min drive in the severe rain. Why it smells like burning oil.. don't know. Could only smell it when the car stopped at a light for a little bit, and when I parked the car.

it could be from dirt, grease, oil, fluids, and whatnot from the road getting on the exhuast pipes...i've had a similar problem, never could locate an actual problem, but i did find that occasionally i'd get the smell from the wiper heaters, but it was never constaint...i've decided that it is from the crap on the roads during winter...

Archived