LegacyGT.com

Invidia q300 on sedan

mikesubie13

Just wanted to see if anyone is tuning the invidia q300 exhaust on there sedans ? I just installed mine last night and it was a tight fit !! Had to remove the heat shield by the dive shaft also rear y pipe very close to the control arms :/ over all very happy with the sound on an off highway on full throttle and just cruising :) looks great and fits the car well !!! Just wanted to see if anyone else had any issues with the set up !! Thanks everyone

Did some searching around found a few threads on the exhaust all about noise and sound . I'm pretty sure I have the v3 wanted to know what's the difference between the versions ? Also anyone notice that the exhaust does hang kind of low ?!? No big issue just something I noticed lol thanks

I just did mine this weekend, full invidia turbo back. My resonator was rubbing the drive shaft and the flex pipe was rubbing the drive shaft carrier bearing. What I did was chop and weld the crap out of the one section to clear everything. What I should have done the first time was get longer exhaust hangers. I don't know the brand but they sell longer rubber exhaust hangers to correct this issue. There cheap and my be worth looking in to.

I had the same problem, I also have a invidia down pipe and when I went to install I noticed my dp ( flange on the bottom) appeared to be bent up like the whole pipe was slightly bent upwards so I heated up the down pipe with a torch and was able to straighten it out . Once I did that fit fine just had to remove the heat shield for the driveshaft . It's pretty close to the carrier bearing but doesn't rub at all and has room to travel if need be . Oddest thing some how it appear my down pipe was bent ?!? Lol I am running one longer hanger from kartboy which did help with clearance issues . Other then that some pain in the ass I love the exhaust and everything about it lol

I have the Q300, I think the earlier version(no flex pipe), it is a tight fit but no rubbing issues, I have Tien S springs (about 1.5" lower than stock) I only scrape the road if it has a big crown and I have more than 3 people in the car and then only occasionally as the car settles after a big bump. the roads here in Maine truly SUC* in the winter.. but other than that, GREAT product. Really nice flanges too.

Mac

Archived