LegacyGT.com

Sparcos Assettos Gara 18x8 +48 (Bright Silver)

SpecBlitzed

Been on Craig's List Searching for some wheels and came across some Sparco Assetto Gara (silver). They are 18x8 offset is 48. They are brand new and said he'd do $500 for five wheels. So after I pick these up this weekend going to need some rubbers. What would you suggest. I'am rolling stock springs. I'am thinking a 235/40-45/18. I want I good aggresive looking tire and found some Falken Ziexs for a good deal. What do you think would be an ideal tire I don't want to roll my fenders but if I have to its fairly cheap to get done. Not looking for hella flush just want to fill the fender diameter and close to flush with the outside of the fender.

Thanks

With a +48 offset, you'll be kinda close to flush lining up with the fender but not quite. You may need 5mm spacers at least to really line it up. I had the exact same wheels but half an inch narrower and would've needed spacers to give them a push. I wasn't running a 235 at the time but I still don't think the tire would've helped. They're a nice wheel though be sure to post pics when you get them!

Since 05, many here have been buying Rotas that are +48 offset, in 17x8 or 17x7 or 18x8. It is the perfect offset for this vehicle to look flush but not poked (ie: stupid).

And no rolling or pulling is needed with 48 offset, unless you are slammed right down, but you don't sound to be, otherwise you would be part of that 'other crowd' and would have wanted an 18x9, 38 or higher offset.

+48 is a great size that puts them out near the edges much better than the OEM wheels that were +55.

Thank you I was thinking 45 to fill the wheel well. If say an 8 width wheel with a 235 would push the outside of the wall out slightly. Will 45's clear with pancaked fenders or will they look like ballons. I got 225 40 18 on my stockers and the outside blages out a bit. But there is quite a bit of space from the well to the tire

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived