LegacyGT.com

Headlights on auto mode

Hey guys,

I was wondering whether it's possible to run headlights on auto mode.

Normally it's turned on during day, unfortunately we do have to have lights on even during day.

All other features related to light sensor don't work when I have lights manually switched on.

On our USDM cars the light stalk has 4 settings. Off, running lights on, headlights on, and Auto. The DRLs come on all the time if the low/ high beams are off. In auto mode there's a sensor that is known to go bad that activates the lights. If your lights do not come on in auto mode after dark get the sensor replaced.

Yes you can us the auto mode. You may be a lucky one that doesn't have issues with it. I haven't had any problems with my light sensor, but also can't say if it's ever been replaced before I bought the car in 2013.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

We do have also these 4 modes. Sensor is working properly so durind day lights are off, during night lights are on.

I need to have my lights on even during day. When I use "headlights on" mode during night navi screen is shining way to much so I have to switch to "auto" mode or manually reduce display brightness.

Check the rheostat for the dashboard lights. In the USDM cars it has a detent at the top that prevents the nav from going into night mode. Mine blinded me for the first week I had the car until I figured that out.

I have called local dealer and found out aftermarket DRL. It looks alright as its in fog lights.

http://www.awd.cz/images/ds1.jpg

http://www.awd.cz/images/ds2.jpg

What do you think??

Archived