LegacyGT.com

Quad Pod?

spec.B452

I need more info on how my engine is running than the stock gauges can provide. Does anyone have this gauge pod unit?

If I were to run this unit I was thinking Boost gauge front left, hybrid shift light/oil pressure light rear left, water temp rear right and maybe an Aeroforce Interceptor on the front right.

Also, are multi gauge pods going the way of the dodo given all of the smartphone apps and other OBDII magic multi gauge voodoo boxes?

So, I guess the questions are, useful or dated? Snazzy or teh rice?

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o162/asdurling/gauge_zps2431c863.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o162/asdurling/gauge1_zps3709d6f2.jpg

I can't see how it matters how it looks, unless you're trying to win a style competition or something. Otherwise, do what you like. That is a very practical place to put gauges, if a little obvious. OBD II vs independent gauges are all preference. If you want data on oil pressure, oil temp, fuel pressure, open loop AFR, or EGT, then you will need to add on independent senders, and some sort of gauge display, which is why they still get bought and installed. Also, they're set and forget. Jump in the car, and go. Gauge is there, ready with no device to mess with.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 4 months later...
Long time overdue, but was just thinking, if you could find a way to match the OEM dash texture and color (easier said than done) then those gauges wouldn't stand out much more than on many other cars that come with OEM gauge pods. But it would be a hassle for sure. The great thing about a LGT in DFW is that almost no one has any idea what it is.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I have it but it is just sitting in the garage waiting to be filled with money, I may just sell it off and do something else although my dash seems to be getting a crack it would cover. Also, you are right on about nobody knowing what my car is. The previous owner debadged so that makes it even worse. I get "nice wax a lot".

I bought it around the time I traded some Mr2 parts for a big honker of a turbo and was going to go rotated. Now I'm not sure about going through with it so I am not sure I will need all those gauges anyhow. Big polished turbos and crazy gauge pods make pretty garage ornaments for now.

Archived