LegacyGT.com

Maf bad again, is there a delete

You cannot delete a MAF as that is one of the components that the computer relies on in conjunction with the rest of your exhaust/engine sensors to run the engine properly.

Check the MAF sensor first to see if it has dirt or oil on it then check the air filter, intake (the whole thing), and all vacuum lines (plus PCV valve) to see if there is any kind of fluid or dirt that could be bunched up in the system.

The MAF element is SENSITIVE. Almost anything can damage it if it's on the sensor while it's heating up.

• I Donated
You can delete MAF if you run a MAP sensor, but you're talking about having to run a stand alone or piggy back ecu...and custom wiring.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

i have delete all my ac. slash sheilds. intireor. bumper, rear bump, cylinder 5, the grill, muffler, wing, and one wheel(while moving)

BUT NEVER the maf. you gotta be joking wanting to remove the MASS AIR FLOW sensor. have a good week.

Well here is the deal I drove my car today it really started to miss bad then shut the car off. My thought was the maf so I unplugged it and limped it home it used a hell of a lot of fuel I was wondering if anybody knew how to fix the reason my maf keeps dying. I was also wondering if there is a maf that we could cut and splice in that would last longer or give better performance

Oh and did you know the Nissan maxima uses the same maf as us just saying.

Well here is the deal I drove my car today it really started to miss bad then shut the car off. My thought was the maf so I unplugged it and limped it home it used a hell of a lot of fuel I was wondering if anybody knew how to fix the reason my maf keeps dying. I was also wondering if there is a maf that we could cut and splice in that would last longer or give better performance

Oh and did you know the Nissan maxima uses the same maf as us just saying.

Nissan uses some of the same stuff that we do which include:

Transmission.

Rear differential.

JATCO is among one of the companies that also supplies Nissan with some of the same stuff as they do Subaru.

A lot of fuel was used because the computer didn't know how much to inject based on air flow input, so it dumped what it could into the cylinders.

Junk yard MAFs should be cheap but a brand new one isn't.

Check to see if you have a leak coming in from somewhere or your wiring. Something is getting into your MAF & ruining it.

Infiniti (upscale Nissan) is funny actually. One of their sedans from the same year as our cars... if you look inside it looks like a Legacy interior that has been tastefully modified. SO MUCH of it is the same down to the steering wheel and seats.

Archived