Official WISLOC Thread

zzztech13

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll ask about the banjo bolt during the inspection... if they can check that.

There is a custom tune from PDX. Previous-previous owner said its set up for a good chunk of power while maintaining daily-driver reliability, and if I wanted, there's a bunch more power available.

Compression test is on the list of things to be done during the inspection! I'll report back today or tomorrow.

I went and checked out the car today. I never got the car inspected, 'cause I have one kid already, there will be a second in the future, and there's just no way to fit two car seats in the back (with a 6'2" driver).

I do, however, LOVE the car. Someone should definitely buy this thing. Its in fantastic shape, has had the oil changed religiously and drives like an absolute rocket. Not to mention, the current owner, Adam is a good dude.

Here's his craigslist ad:

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/2298023354.html

He bought the car from a member here. Here's that listing: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-2006-legacy-gt-148182.html?p=3146002

Contact me if you want Adam's email address or phone number - I don't want to post them here, lest he gets a ton of spam.

If you have any questions about the car, I'll happily share my opinion as I have driven it and talked to both the current and previous owner about it.

Seriously, someone buy it!

I went and checked out the car today. I never got the car inspected, 'cause I have one kid already, there will be a second in the future, and there's just no way to fit two car seats in the back (with a 6'2" driver).

I do, however, LOVE the car. Someone should definitely buy this thing. Its in fantastic shape, has had the oil changed religiously and drives like an absolute rocket. Not to mention, the current owner, Adam is a good dude.

Here's his craigslist ad:

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/2298023354.html

He bought the car from a member here. Here's that listing: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-2006-legacy-gt-148182.html?p=3146002

Contact me if you want Adam's email address or phone number - I don't want to post them here, lest he gets a ton of spam.

If you have any questions about the car, I'll happily share my opinion as I have driven it and talked to both the current and previous owner about it.

Seriously, someone buy it!

Thanks Matt! Pm me if you guys have any questions.

• 4 weeks later...

Post #1 updated.

Sorry I have been AWOL for a while, but with the weather finally allowing us to come outside I thought we should start planning some stuff...

Subaru City is having their 3rd Annual Car Show. Here's a link to that thread if you're too lazy (like me) to go to post #1 here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/3rd-annual-subaru-city-car-show-160867.html

I am considering organizing a cruise to Road America for the American Le Mans Series race which will be held on August 18-20th. The "Big Race" is on Saturday afternoon with racing into the evening. There's PLENTY of time to make arrangements and scrape together gas money. Depending on interest, we might camp out on Friday night. Linky poo:

http://roadamerica.com/Races/RaceInformation.asp?id=245

What else yall wanna do???

Edited by zzztech13
because i am controlled by circuit bridged sputum O.o

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any one from the madison area know of a good place to take in an LGT to get timing belt done just hit my 105K mile mark and the local stealership is trying to get me. They want 600.00 for timing belt install thats without waterpump and tensioner. Could use some feedback asap as i'm going to be driving down to missouri soon to pick up an sti and want to make sure everything is taken care of before the trip.

^ funny you mention that, my GF and I are headed toCedarburg Coffee Roastery right now.

Well be in my blue 06 LGT LTD. Come find the fat boy with a Venezuelan GF. HAHA

Ha, you've got a blue 06 LTD too? Mine is RPB, not APB. I work in Mequon and Live in Cedarburg, so you'll see me on Washington Ave/Cedarburg Road quite a bit.

Ha, you've got a blue 06 LTD too? Mine is RPB, not APB. I work in Mequon and Live in Cedarburg, so you'll see me on Washington Ave/Cedarburg Road quite a bit.

Did you leave a note on a '10 LGT Blue about a week ago? If so that was me. :lol:

hahaha YEP, you must have parked next to me at BB&B. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy when I give thumbs up to nice cars, or in your case, leave a note on your LGT (which is the same color -- nice!). I think I saw your LGT at Culver's in Brown Deer last week Friday. We always go there for lunch on Friday's.

well, im at 164k now and i never had the tb replaced, and although it doesnt run as well as it should, i think you should be fine for that trip. get it done afterwards of course. 30k or so ago i went to fl with no problems.
Any one from the madison area know of a good place to take in an LGT to get timing belt done just hit my 105K mile mark and the local stealership is trying to get me. They want 600.00 for timing belt install thats without waterpump and tensioner. Could use some feedback asap as i'm going to be driving down to missouri soon to pick up an sti and want to make sure everything is taken care of before the trip.

I would wait but my serpentine belts are pretty shot and dont want to risk it with those snapping i just figured since i'm doing them might as well get the whole thing done. Just got another quote today for 1350.00 damn.......then i realize i can get a gates kit with water pump for 250.00 and completely forgot my buddy owns a shop. Just debating taking it to him since he more of a work on everything or just bite the bullet and take it to a sub tech at the dealership.

hahaha YEP, you must have parked next to me at BB&B. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy when I give thumbs up to nice cars, or in your case, leave a note on your LGT (which is the same color -- nice!). I think I saw your LGT at Culver's in Brown Deer last week Friday. We always go there for lunch on Friday's.

Too funny. That was me @ Culvers. I heard their burgers were as good as In N Out. :)

Yup decided to order the parts from rockauto.com and have my buddy do it at his shop. Got the timing belt kit with water pump, both gates serp belts, and tstat for 350.00 with next day delivery cant wait to get this over with, well that and excited to get another subaru so my wife quits stealing mine. Edited by subbygt

Too funny. That was me @ Culvers. I heard their burgers were as good as In N Out. :)

So you were at Culver's for lunch and didn't even have one of their burgers? You're missing out. Kopp's is another good one if you're ever down in Glendale, Greenfield, or Waukesha... but come with an appetite. Though if you are going to stick in Ozaukee County, Hefner's in Cedarburg is good and Wayne's in Grafton/Cedarburg is good too--especially on Wednesday nights which is car night.

So you were at Culver's for lunch and didn't even have one of their burgers? You're missing out. Kopp's is another good one if you're ever down in Glendale, Greenfield, or Waukesha... but come with an appetite. Though if you are going to stick in Ozaukee County, Hefner's in Cedarburg is good and Wayne's in Grafton/Cedarburg is good too--especially on Wednesday nights which is car night.

Oh, I had a burger, bacon double as I recall. It was tasty. Thanks for the tips on other great eateries. I love getting some place new and discovering all the local flavor, if you'll pardon the pun. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Not to be a tard, but I have to ask... I'm assuming Lake Michigan and not Lake Superior... or even Lake Winnebago. Which part? The entire east side of our mitten-shaped-state is bound by 1.3 quadrillion gallons of smelly water

sorry, Wisconsin, Manitowoc County. Its always called "Lakeshore" on the news. It's basically the area east of green bay, but north of milwaukee, i guess.
It's not about speed, it's about acceleration!