LegacyGT.com

Estimated quarter mile for an N/A

just curious about what a stock legacy would run on a 1/4. free event coming up where i can run mine, and i want to see if it's worth me taking up a space

(i have thrown a few things on it, but am having a hard time of finding 2.5i times... plenty of gt times)

throw your best est.!

thanks.

How'd you go from 175 crank hp down to 119.8whp? How are you losing 31.5% of your power in just getting it to the wheels?

if you read that post carefully... i stated i have an 05 legacy 2.5i

in 05 it was only rated to be 165hp. since i live in california, and have the p-zero emissions engine... subaru rated it to be around 162-163hp.

at 119.8whp / 163hp at crank = 73.5% power... roughly losing 26.5% of my power from the engine to the wheels... which is pretty much in the norm from what i've seen for awd. i mean correct me if i'm wrong of course....

Since you're telling me i'm losing so much power from the crank to the wheels, i'm assuming you have dyno'd differently then? If so please show so that I may believe that my legacy is really that weak and slow or that something might be wrong w/ it.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

I'm pretty sure that it does the quarter in something like high 15's to low 16's.

It's no rocket ship but it will match up to any other 4 cylinder car in the 150 - 170hp range, except maybe a Nissan Sentra SE-R.

But it gets better gas mileage than the LGT and is a good looking car, plus you can put regular gas in it. Insurance is likely lower too, along with the savings on the sticker price.

I'm pretty sure that it does the quarter in something like high 15's to low 16's.

It's no rocket ship but it will match up to any other 4 cylinder car in the 150 - 170hp range, except maybe a Nissan Sentra SE-R.

But it gets better gas mileage than the LGT and is a good looking car, plus you can put regular gas in it. Insurance is likely lower too, along with the savings on the sticker price.

Nissan Sentra SE-R it's even F4ster then the SRT-4!!!!!!!!!! And if you put it in reverse it can fly above the clouds.

Since you're telling me i'm losing so much power from the crank to the wheels, i'm assuming you have dyno'd differently then? If so please show so that I may believe that my legacy is really that weak and slow or that something might be wrong w/ it.

Take some Midol Nancy. I have better things to do with my money than to dyno my non-turbo, non-high performance, family car. My question was sincere. I have not seen another 2.5i Legacy dyno chart and yours seemed low. But your seemingly low numbers could have been b/c of the weather, elevation, dyno calibration error, equipment error, user error etc, so I thought there might have been more to the story.

Full Disclosure: I did not know your model came with 162-163hp, and yes, I did forget that you mentioned it was a PZEV.

Consumer Reports gives the following:

2008 Legacy 2.5i 4EAT

Quarter mile: 18.1s @ 78.8 mph

0-30 3.9

0-60 10.8

45-65 10.4

RPM @ 60 mph 2,410

CR tested MPG: 23

CR City/Highway 16/31

CR Loop 27

2005 Legacy 2.5GT 5EAT

Quarter mile: 16.0s @ 90.3 mph

0-30 3.1

0-60 7.5

45-65 5.0

RPM @ 60 mph 2,295

CR tested MPG: 18

CR City/Highway 11/27mpg

CR Loop 22mpg

2005 Outback 2.5i wagon

Quarter mile: 18.8s @ 74.4 mph

0-30 4.0

0-60 11.8

45-65 7.4

RPM @ 60 mph 2,410

CR tested MPG: 21

CR City/Highway 14/31

CR Loop 26mpg

2006 Outback 3.0 LL Bean VDC wagon

Quarter mile: 17.0s @ 86.4 mph

0-30 3.8

0-60 8.8

45-65 5.2

RPM @ 60 mph 2,115

CR tested MPG: 19

CR City/Highway 13/28

CR Loop 23mpg

Who Dares Wins

スバル

... i don't think it takes 10 seconds to get to 60...
Those are automatics, so the manual might break 10 seconds. There are kids here who say their Gen I Legacys can break 8 seconds: don't bet any folding money on that, either.

Face up to the fact that 0-60 wise, you're in the same class as cargo vans, Ford Explorers, and Dodge Neons filled with teenagers unless it is raining or snowing. And who cares? You'll get there faster in bad weather, once you replace the OEM tires....

If you didn't do performance tests before you started changing stuff, you have absolutely no idea whether they improved your performance, or not.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

^yea, from a dead stop the drive-by-wire lag hurts, and the engine doesnt really come to life until at least 3000RPM. It's not bad coming out of a corner in 1st gear. But then again, this car was meant for handling which puts the grin on my face. My old 250hp Altima 3.5SE was kinda quick but couldnt handle for $hit

I've taken mine to the drag strip plenty of times.

It is still a fun car to drive, especially with 5MT.

I can get into the low 16's, and if it wasnt always so hot on track days I imagine I could get into the 15's one of these days. Just depends. And I did just get new tires and ordered the Injen intake, so who knows if itll knock more time off or not. So far I've got the Borla unequal lenghts on there with a custom single exhaust.

Archived