LegacyGT.com

Bags of Mulch...

a2cpc

I am very close to buying a new car. My current car is an'03 WRX Wagon. My question is, has anyone with an '07 or newer ever laid down the rear seat and, loaded up their Legacy with something like bags of mulch before. I don't do this often, but I have had as many as 27 bags of mulch or 12 of those clamshell type storage boxes, in my WRX at one time. I have also fit a few 8ft. 2x4s in it. I really want to buy a new Legacy GT because they are so nice, but a new WRX 5 door is definitely a contender because of the obvious cargo space advantage. Somebody talk me out of the WRX!

Has to be a stick. Another factor is my wife. She isn't a big fan of wagons(something to do with driving minivans for 15 years of hauling kids around), and feels the LGT Wagon/Outback to be to big. She puts up with the WRX, because it is just to much fin to drive.

What I can tell you is, it's not going to be fun loading that much stuff through the rear doors. You are going to want a hatch, wagon or not.

The '08 WRX 5-door is brand new so you are going to be paying very close to MSRP. I bet you would pay about the same for a new '08 WRX as a new '07 LGT/OBXT. The 2.5L in the LGT/OBXT is actually more fun to drive than the 2.0L in your '03. Take her for a test drive and see if you can convince her.

I'll be buying on the VIP program so I am not worried about the deal. There is only around $1000 to $1500 difference between the LGT i want and the WRX I would get. I know what you are saying about the loading, but for the few times a year I do it, I am begining to believe the comfort of the LGT is winning out over all the times I wouldn't be hauling stuff. I have driven a LGT with a friend who let me push it some and I agree you are right about engine power(although I am modded a bit and have slightly better numbers in horsepower and have closed the torque difference some). I don't think the stock LGT feels like it handles quite as well, but that can be fixed. I was just wondering if anyone had just maxed out loading their LGT. I am test driving a WRX that is exactly what I want, except for color later this week and that should seal the deal. If I could afford the new STI there wouldn't be a question.

Archived