LegacyGT.com

Disappointing dealership service

I just got my LGT new used with 18k a month ago and wanted to switch to synthetic oil; so I made an appointment with the local subie dealership for this morning (In the summer I do my own oil changes, but I don't have a garage so in the winter I'll pay to get it done) to get it done. I showed up at 7:30am (the first appointment of the day) and told them the oil is sitting in the passenger seat and watched the service writer put that on the sheet. AN HOUR LATER they come and tell me my car is done. I'm a bit surprised that it took that long but that surprise is soon wiped away with a $20 bill for labor and a filter. I pay the bill and head to my car while thinking about if I want to go back to the dealer I used with my previous car ($12 for labor and filter) even though it is an extra 15 miles away. No sooner do I decide that I like the convenience of a close dealership more then I notice my oil still sitting in the passenger seat. So I go in and talk to the service writer who apologizes for the mistake and offers to bring the car back in the put in my oil. I told him I was already late (didn't think it would take an hour) and would have to come back after work.

Now I'm not hopping mad or anything, but the whole reason for going to a dealership is to get it done right; and for $20 with oil provided it should be (I even checked to make sure that price didn't include the regular oil they accidentally put in). I'm happy that they offered to do the change out so fast; but none the less I've very disappointed in the time, price, and quality of service that was performed.

it's something i've done a few times; very few customers supply their own oil, and techs are usually task oriented----they get an ro that say lof, and their mind is already processing the routine to complete their mission---if they choose to accept it---- so most likely, it was just out of habit

i usually leave mine on the drivers seat so the tech has to physically move it and that will break his/her train of thought enuff where they'll ask the service advisor "what's this oil sittin here for.....?"

Yea....I'd still give them another shot

Could be like a Large dealer here in Florida & for customers that bring in synthetic.......

The standing rule for techs is take home what is brought in & use the dealership dyno;)

It happend to me twice @ that dealer when I had the S4....

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Thats fantastic that he offered to correct it. Ive got a pretty good delear near me. But my neighbor's Subaru dealership is awful. They sold my brother an Impreza that was in a condition in which it was illegal to sell and their service manager denied the whole thing. Nevertheless, they had to pay to get it fixed and they did a horrible job. We no longer have that car.

I would be hesitant to bring oil for them to change since you never know if they actually put it in. I would request to get all the containers back. If they did it right, you should have about 1/2 quart left in one of the containers.

Archived