LegacyGT.com

New wheels and tires on OBP GT

mjpulliam

Kyowa Racing KR 206, Hyperblack 17 x 7.5 and Toyo Proxes 4 225.45.ZR. Got them from Wheelstudio.com and I'm really happy with everything. It took me quite awhile to decide what to buy, but I think these wheels compliment the car well. The tires are a huge upgrade over the RE-92's. I never knew what I was missing in terms of ride quality and road noise. I don't even have the little buzz in the center console that came with the car. Handling is great. I was not real concerned with weight, but after handling these and the stock rim/tire combo, I can say the new ones feel much lighter and the car just feels better. (Probably all in my head). Anyway, I'm looking forward to washing the car this weekend so I can enjoy the full effect. An added bonus: the "take-offs" look great on my crystal grey Impreza.

PICT0010.JPG.53b3b9b9c17aa34fcac1a3de2924a6f2.JPG

PICT0011.JPG.dd980afca1c0443ae4bd4eec0e41103d.JPG

Looks great. Similar to the Volk CE28 that I long for... And thanks for the review of the Toyo being quiet. That's one of the things I love about our cars.

Have you experienced the Toyo's in the rain? Do they get "greasy" feeling?

Thanks for the comments. No, I haven't driven the Toyo's in the rain. In fact, when I have a choice I take the other car out when the weather is bad. I guess it's a good sign that I still "baby" the Legacy after almost a year and a half and 15k miles. I haven't even gotten close to being tired of this car.

In fact, when I have a choice I take the other car out when the weather is bad. I guess it's a good sign that I still "baby" the Legacy after almost a year and a half and 15k miles. I haven't even gotten close to being tired of this car.

I hear you on that one. But, if my car's already dirty and in need of a wash asap anyway, I head out and find that the AWD and turbo are just amazing. :)

Archived