LegacyGT.com

Acc & Err Message?!?!

Acc, not a clue. Err I'm guessing is error...:confused:

When I put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position, I get "Acc" followed by "Err" on the screen where it shows fuel consumption, outside temps and what not... Not sure what it means...

As far as I can tell, it hasnt changed anything... engine runs fine, all buttons and switches I've tried since I first noticed it have worked fine also... Whats the deal?

replace your battery

That would be my first guess.

How old is the battery ?

Or at least pull the negitive cable for like 15 minutes then re-install and try to start the car.

Don't worry, It may take a few seconds for the car to fire after resetting the ECU.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The last time we saw that the ECU locked up. It had to do with an old V1 Accessport but either way not good. If the battery has to be reset undo the negative terminal and hit the brake pedal. The lights will drain any capacitors in the system and allow you to reset the ECU faster.

-Jake

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://upload.pbase.com/image/137566671.jpg Call directly for your best Whiteline Price! | We also carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

replace your battery

That would be my first guess.

I bought the car last week... the current battery's age? I dont know. Ill contact the previous owner about this.

Id rather not purchase a new battery to discover this doesnt fix the messages. Why do you guys assume it's the battery?

Im at work right now, but when I get home, Im going to get my multimeter out and check it's voltage...

It's bizarre, the weekend I test drove the car, it didn't do this. Owner made me aware of it when I met him to sign over the registration.

I think they are suggesting a new battery possibly because during startup the voltage drops to much and causes the electronics in the car to do odd things (radio reset, cluster reset ,error codes) . It sounds dumb, but if you still have the original battery I would spend the $100 for peace of mind knowing your not stranded. A new battery is usually 500+ CCA vs the stock one is 400ish CCA.

• 1 month later...

Sorry it took so long, been busy.

Found a solution to this problem.

Apparently, on 05 Legacy's there is a wire harness under the drivers seat which is supposed to be used for tire pressure sensors, which only came on 06's and up?

Either way, with canadian winters, my harness had gotten corroded over time and was causing my ECU to get a signal from this un-used harness.

I stripped all the wires, and insulated them from each other. Error message gone.

How the hack did you find that...?

People I spoke to at my local dealership had seen it before.

Ive seen this well. Except the car I saw it on had a 3inch hole in the floor under the seat where the owner had run over a boulder. Same problem, though.

Winter here is like 4-5 months long. I've got no holes in my floor, but I'm assuming its because of moisture that stays in the cars carpet and floor mat. Either way, glad it's fixed, and hope this helps others too.

During the winter, on nice day's, I leave the windows down a inch, park the car in the sun, so the car dry out on the inside.

I have alway's done this with all my cars.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived