LegacyGT.com

Help, I need a new suspension....D2 Coilovers are blown

First of all I do not reccomend these coils to anybody.

Secondly what do I need to do to make the Bilstein Dampeners work with my 2011 Legacy GT??? Also if I'm lucky enough for a response where can I purchase these? I'm shipping the Legacy to Holland and I need to quickly get my exhaust/sensors fixed and change the entire suspension as well.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the response Zeeee its been a while brother. Yes me and the Legacy are making the permanent move. I'm done living in the U.S. I really just cant take it anymore its not for me. I was planning on selling Lubaru but I just cant do it, so I'm gonna get her fixed up and ship her over here. As far as I know she will be the only Legacy GT in the Netherlands....I have yet to find a single one so I'm excited about that!!!

As for the link you sent, Mikey told me they were sold already...is this no longer the case??? if i get them from him what will I need to modify to get them to work??? and what springs would you recommend to me? hope you have been well!!!

I would do the Koni like you and GTeaser always say but I lack the time and skill to modify them the way they need to. I have my OEM setup still with those crappy Tien lowering springs sitting in my garage back in Katy.....I'll come back one more time December 15 and ill leave again January 13-15 for good so I'm trying to do this as quickly as possible and properly

GTEASER could cut the fronts for you, that's what I had him do. Sucks you're leaving but Holland isn't a bad place to go. That sucks on the Bilsteins, his thread wasn't updated I guess. With those struts the RCE Black springs were designed for em. As for the Konis people have paired em with the RCE Blacks (myself and a few others) H&R springs (GTEASER and a few others I can't think of right now) and the Eibach springs

GTEASER could cut the fronts for you, that's what I had him do. Sucks you're leaving but Holland isn't a bad place to go. That sucks on the Bilsteins, his thread wasn't updated I guess. With those struts the RCE Black springs were designed for em. As for the Konis people have paired em with the RCE Blacks (myself and a few others) H&R springs (GTEASER and a few others I can't think of right now) and the Eibach springs

yea thats just too much to manage and not enough time. I would have to go back home, send him my fronts, wait for him to get them cut them and send them back, and then figure out how to install them all in less than a months time. I'm not even sure that he would be available when I need him....guess I'll have to buy coilovers again ): any recommendation for which kind hahahahahha?

They are a direct fit for the JDM Legacy sedan & wagon but I don't actually know anyone personally who's run them, being that they are rather expensive both to buy and to ship. I'm also not familiar enough with the JDM suspensions to say if we could share all components or not.

I was more sharing them tongue-in-cheek because I came across the listing this afternoon and thought they were cool, but I do know that both Prova and Ohlins are respected names in aftermarket parts, especially Ohlins in suspension. Thought I'd say it'd probably be best to source something stateside for your situation.

They are a direct fit for the JDM Legacy sedan & wagon but I don't actually know anyone personally who's run them, being that they are rather expensive both to buy and to ship. I'm also not familiar enough with the JDM suspensions to say if we could share all components or not.

I was more sharing them tongue-in-cheek because I came across the listing this afternoon and thought they were cool, but I do know that both Prova and Ohlins are respected names in aftermarket parts, especially Ohlins in suspension. Thought I'd say it'd probably be best to source something stateside for your situation.

Yes all of what you said is true. I was asking because shipping from Japan to Holland is much cheaper than to the states so it actually would be doable. But I need to know it they are direct fit or not so that makes them out of the question.... now I'm curious on a serious note, what Coilovers or suspension set up would you recommend for me with my situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are a bit on the pricey side too, but it does look like Racecomp (makers of the RCE Blacks springs), still make their Tarmac Zero for our cars. I think frederik may have had these if I recall correctly.

http://www.racecompengineering.com/index.php/subaru/2010-legacy-2-5gt-3-6r/racecomp-engineering-tarmac-zero-coilovers-for-2010-2013-legacy-3-6r-2-5i.html

Take all of what I say with a grain of salt though, I'm still on a stock suspension setup with Koni/Eibach parts in my back room awaiting assembly. Just sharing some of the stuff that I've found, can't comment on any of it first hand.

As for the link you sent, Mikey told me they were sold already...is this no longer the case??? if i get them from him what will I need to modify to get them to work??? and what springs would you recommend to me? hope you have been well!!!

Yeah sorry forgot to update the post. Good luck man. Could you just go stock for now and find an aftermarket set in Sweden?

Me, as one. Great service too. When you roll back into Houston, we need to all meet one more time!

December 15- January 13 my friend!!! I'm down, let me buy you guys a few beers before I'm on the perma plane ride ✈️

Yeah sorry forgot to update the post. Good luck man. Could you just go stock for now and find an aftermarket set in Sweden?

Yea that is an option....but after having the stock struts with the tein im not sure if they are even good anymore.....is there a way that I can tell if they are blown or not? Cause if they are usable I might just get some springs and call it a day until I ship her to Holland

I can have a set of Konis all ready to go waiting in your Katy garage and walk you thru the install if you're going to do that yourself. Maybe Zee could even visit you for an install day and some first hand, knowledgeable help. If you send me all the parts, and lowering springs, I could assemble everything for you and all you would need to do is bolt them in. They really are going to be your best bet for a nice balance between competent performance and longevity.

Archived