LegacyGT.com

bad fuel consumtion?

well that's your problem right there. royal purple specifies for all subaru 2.5 liter turbo engines you need to change your oil with a full tank to get rid of the excessive gasoline fumes

Perhaps the fuel tap discharge vent is loose? :confused:

I'd check that, drive another 100 miles then check it again.

well that's your problem right there. royal purple specifies for all subaru 2.5 liter turbo engines you need to change your oil with a full tank to get rid of the excessive gasoline fumes

didnt kno that , its at 20.7 now , but it should be slightly higher

royal purple oil has transilluminant chemicals in it that worsen gas milage until the oil is 'broken in'. So you need to drive it for a bit before the oil thins out and lubricates better, right now it's slowing your engine down causing excess gas consumption. Glad to be of service :)

Always make sure that you check the projector headlight fluid when you change the engine oil. Trans oil can be left alone for 100k mile intervals but gear oil must be done every other engine oil change but not when you're at a major 30k interval service. Just a heads up. :)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Always make sure that you check the projector headlight fluid when you change the engine oil. Trans oil can be left alone for 100k mile intervals but gear oil must be done every other engine oil change but not when you're at a major 30k interval service. Just a heads up. :)

I have no idea what ur talkin about, plz explain

I have no idea what ur talkin about, plz explain

If you take the caps off the back of the headlights you will see a small fill tube, it should be topped off with subaru headlight fluid/lubricant in order for the low beam bulbs to operate smoothly. The bulbs can rust and wear out if there isn't any fluid in there, also causing ignition problems as well...thus poor fuel economy.

Get a left handed screw driver and a bucket of steam, floor it and drive top speed at an cliff with a 100 plus foot drop off and viola..problem solved.

Now now. The OP deserves to be helped, not haggled. My solution is far more practical.

If you take the caps off the back of the headlights you will see a small fill tube, it should be topped off with subaru headlight fluid/lubricant in order for the low beam bulbs to operate smoothly. The bulbs can rust and wear out if there isn't any fluid in there, also causing ignition problems as well...thus poor fuel economy.

Really? I had no idea. Is this fluid expensive?

Get a left handed screw driver and a bucket of steam, floor it and drive top speed at an cliff with a 100 plus foot drop off and viola..problem solved.

Wow everyone else is trying to be helpful. And you come in like this? That's messed up.

Only if you get the Royal Purple headlight fluid is it expensive... I personally use Valvoline, after all, they were the only fluid warrantied for the Lamborghini Countach. Most places will also claim not to have the fluid because auto parts clerks are idiots and don't know what they stock or what it's used for, you just have to keep asking around.

some autoparts stores or chains might laugh and not know what you're talking about, just tell the dealer you need the synthetic headlight fluid for the Spec B and they will hook you up. There's a lotta haters out there that just don't know what they're talking about :rolleyes:

Archived