LegacyGT.com

GTI to Legacy GT Spec.B

Hey guys, let me introduce myself. My names Bobby, im from Westchester NY and go to college up in Maine. I currently drive a 2006 MKV GTI 2.0T. The car is great, its a stage 2, its on coils, its got a bunch of work and money dumped into it. Even on the coils raised all the way up it sits to low for maine, its got a catless DP and is loud, but no doubt the car is quick in the 1/4 and a blast to drive. I have been considering a MK IV Jetta as a beater, but then looked at a Spec.B. A friend of mine has one and loves it, so im looking at selling the GTI for a Spec.B now. I was looking to get some advice/info from Subi owners. Im big into the DTM and know my stuff there, but never have i been involved in the JDM at all. I talked to about 15 GTI guys and they all seemed to aggree with me, and that was ditch the GTI and go for the Spec.B. Well anyways, whatever info/opinions i can get from you guys i greatly appriciate!

My $0.02: Only reason I didn't get a Spec-B was the too loud for me interiors (red leather or blue suede, couldn't afford an 08').

I wouldn't get a Spec-B just for the performance. The regular GT's are too easily modded to spend the extra $'s. Plus, you can mod it the way you want it instead of being chained to factory settings after spending the extra $'s for the Spec-B.

Yea, I was thinking that. There are a few things that sell me on the Spec.B though. I did a lot of work as far as modding the GTI and it was all great, the only thing killing me are the coils in Maine. I think im gonna leave the Subi stock as far as suspension goes. Thats why the Spec.B has some strong selling points to me, it has Bilsteins right from ther factory. Not to mention factory nav so I wont miss the Avic D3 in my GTI. The interior of the Spec.B is sweet, I just think the GT is to plain, especially after coming from a GTI with interlagos plaid seats. Im really not sure, the GT is about 5k less, but the Spec.B has its selling points. I guess ill figure something out soon enough.

I used to have the MKV GTI, got hit and totalled. (saved my life)

insurnace gave me enough money to buy another GTI, but i decided i wanted sth tottally different than the GTI.

wanted AWD instead of FWD.

the legacy is a lot more grown up. not to be rude. but i've learnt so much more on this forum than on golfmkv.com.

If you have the money go for the specb. just because of the extra 6th gear. i do miss the 6th gear on the GTI. but u will want to change the suspension, mayb on some springs to save some money.

Same as above: stock Bilstein's, 6MT, nav system, and great interior. Spec B is as nice of a daily driver as you can get that is way too much fun to drive. Take a test drive, and you won't give it up. No mods needed.

:)

Guest heightsgtltd
Yea, I was thinking that. There are a few things that sell me on the Spec.B though. I did a lot of work as far as modding the GTI and it was all great, the only thing killing me are the coils in Maine. I think im gonna leave the Subi stock as far as suspension goes. Thats why the Spec.B has some strong selling points to me, it has Bilsteins right from ther factory. Not to mention factory nav so I wont miss the Avic D3 in my GTI. The interior of the Spec.B is sweet, I just think the GT is to plain, especially after coming from a GTI with interlagos plaid seats. Im really not sure, the GT is about 5k less, but the Spec.B has its selling points. I guess ill figure something out soon enough.

Um.. yeah you will. Subaru factory nav is really poor. WAY worse than Garmin portable units

Well, I will be shopping in NY once i get home from school in Maine. I stopped by a dealer up here to get some info and realized how hard the Spec.B is to find. Im looking for a used 2007, from Maine down to NJ there are 4 for sale. 1 in mass 1 in Vemront, 1 in NY, 1 in NJ. I knew the Spec.B was a rare one but didnt realize just how rare it really was. Hopefully come time when I'm looking to buy there will HOPEFULLY be a 2007 for sale. Im not sure I'm really in the position to afford an 08 right now, especially considering the mialage i put on a 2006 vehicle. Its 2 years old with almost 60K, i really killed the value of it.

I just bought my 08 Spec B DGM yesterday. I'm not going to knock anyone here there are great points for both the Spec b and GT. I feel it's all about what you want to do to your car. I can not really give you a opinion about my Spec B as I've only had it for 1 night and have that New car is the best thing in the world on my face. I love everything baout it, but feel for the price a little more hp would have been nice. This is coming from a guy who traded in a 05 WRX and still has a 07 Sti. Go with what you want no matter what people tell you because only you can make yourself happy.

I just bought my 08 Spec B DGM yesterday. I'm not going to knock anyone here there are great points for both the Spec b and GT. I feel it's all about what you want to do to your car. I can not really give you a opinion about my Spec B as I've only had it for 1 night and have that New car is the best thing in the world on my face. I love everything baout it, but feel for the price a little more hp would have been nice. This is coming from a guy who traded in a 05 WRX and still has a 07 Sti. Go with what you want no matter what people tell you because only you can make yourself happy.

Yea thats really what it boils down to. Once summer hits I need to start looking to see what I can find for sale and in what price range. Hopefully something well turns up for me. As of right now, it looks like i will definitely be getting a Legacy, its just up in the air if i go GT or Spec.B.

Archived