LegacyGT.com

Sway Bar Advice

Hi, new to the forum, new owner of an 05 lgt limited wagon. I have a set of perrin sways and end links from my 13 wrx that I want to re-use (except the rear bar). So I was planning on using my 25mm front adjustable along with all the end links and getting a 22mm rear. Having a hard time finding a 22mm rear and wondering if a 20mm rear would be good if I set the front on soft? Thanks!

Jason

Hi, new to the forum, new owner of an 05 lgt limited wagon. I have a set of perrin sways and end links from my 13 wrx that I want to re-use (except the rear bar). So I was planning on using my 25mm front adjustable along with all the end links and getting a 22mm rear. Having a hard time finding a 22mm rear and wondering if a 20mm rear would be good if I set the front on soft? Thanks!

Jason

Depends on what you're used to and how much you push the car. If you push your car a bit on the twisties, and you're used to a specific over/under steer setup, you may be disappointed if it's not what you're accustomed to. If you adapt quickly, and don't mind readjusting your driving approach a bit, it likely doesn't matter. As the guy said above, just about anything would be beneficial over OEM. LOL

You may want to look into Rear sway reinforcement brackets too (while youre under there).

I don't know if you'll want an all-new setup, but, Infamous Performance is a vendor here, and one of the few who participates, (and now that I think about it, doesn't advert a whole lot in the process, either. ) but, he has A REALLY NICE SET OF HOTCHKIS BARS FOR A GREAT PRICE, which, IIRC, are technically the bars Cobb buys and slaps their logo on (and jumps up the price a few bucks, too!)

In the WDYDTY4G thread, we talked about them a few pages back and there were good things said. Very, very nice setup for a very, very decent price. Worth looking into.

Ah my moment of glory... I sold that car and forgot to take off the second sway bar :eek:. Also, nothing ever broke. Nor did it really handle any different... haha Good news is that my new car has a whiteline 20mm RSB.

I don't know if you'll want an all-new setup, but, Infamous Performance is a vendor here, and one of the few who participates, (and now that I think about it, doesn't advert a whole lot in the process, either. ) but, he has A REALLY NICE SET OF HOTCHKIS BARS FOR A GREAT PRICE, which, IIRC, are technically the bars Cobb buys and slaps their logo on (and jumps up the price a few bucks, too!)

In the WDYDTY4G thread, we talked about them a few pages back and there were good things said. Very, very nice setup for a very, very decent price. Worth looking into.

I think I'll be buying these sometime in the next few days.

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

You guys talked me into it. I have a set with the avo brackets on the way. I should be able to get some decent coin for my 25f/22r perrin wrx set on cl or ebay. There was a 10% sale from this forum as well so that put me over the top. Plus free shipping. I basicaly could not afford not to buy them. :lol:

I put a set of these on my wagon a few months ago and am completely happy with their performance. These coupled with Koni struts make the car handle like it should have come from the factory...but didn't...:confused:

I put a set of these on my wagon a few months ago and am completely happy with their performance. These coupled with Koni struts make the car handle like it should have come from the factory...but didn't...:confused:

This is the advocation I was looking for -- Thanks, otherbox!

Assuming because you have a wagon, you can still kick the ass end without too much effort? (I'm looking for On-Demand Oversteer, honestly)

They took it from understeer to neutral and pretty much eliminated body roll. I can induce oversteer but I won't say it's an on-demand event like a rear drive. I probably just need more HP...

That right there made me decide I want that set of sways now. Now I just need to wait till I have money.:spin::lol:

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

That right there made me decide I want that set of sways now. Now I just need to wait till I have money.:spin::lol:

I did the rest a year ago. Couldn't believe I waited 2 years for it. It makes a huge awesome feeling difference even on Bilstein HDs.

I got a fsb. Hopefully I feel a similar level of improvement.

Archived