LegacyGT.com

Wiper defrost

does anyone have a picture of the wiper defrost orange wire strips? the reason I am asking is because I had work done to my car and they replaced my windshield. I found out today that they did not include the wiper defrost on the new windshield that they installed. I just need some proof that we indeed have a wiper defrost on the OEM windshield.

Thanks in advance!:)

You should have the heating elements on yours. The only models without it are the very base 2.5 models.

They tried to install the wrong windshield on mine too, I quickly noticed it and told them to come back when they have the right one.

yea, I do. is the wiper defrost element covered in 2008 suby manual?

Operation of the wiper heater system will be covered in the manual, but chances are Subaru only printed one manual for all 2008 models and just wrote "If so equipped" next to some of the features that might not be in the lower trim levels.

Operation of the wiper heater system will be covered in the manual, but chances are Subaru only printed one manual for all 2008 models and just wrote "If so equipped" next to some of the features that might not be in the lower trim levels.

^this then point to the wiper defrost switch and say it is "so equipped"

Did insurance cover it? If so just call your insurance and tell them they didn't put the right windshield in.

I'm pretty sure they put it on and you do have it. Just look at it from certain angles and certain days of sunlight and you'll see it! I thought they didn't put that deicer thing on my windshield too until I looked at it closer. It was there! But even if it wasn't you don't need that anyways, thats what the defroster is for and it melt ice on the outside and inside too! I've only used that wiper deicer like 3 times and I don't like it and I don't think its as good as using the defrost which melt the entire windshield. The wiper deicer feature is pretty useless. There's no reason why you would use it over the defrost! A dimming windshield would of been better.

I'm pretty sure they put it on and you do have it. Just look at it from certain angles and certain days of sunlight and you'll see it! I thought they didn't put that deicer thing on my windshield too until I looked at it closer. It was there! But even if it wasn't you don't need that anyways, thats what the defroster is for and it melt ice on the outside and inside too! I've only used that wiper deicer like 3 times and I don't like it and I don't think its as good as using the defrost which melt the entire windshield. The wiper deicer feature is pretty useless. There's no reason why you would use it over the defrost! A dimming windshield would of been better.

uh .. you don't use it over defrost ! you silly almost candian !

you put everything on !

its there incase you get water or melted snow on yoru windshild . when you park it your wipers will freeze down and you go to operate them and it will rip the rubber off or just be frozen in place.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

well mine worked well when I had it before. My wiper would freeze while driving and I put it on to somewhat deice my wiper. now it won't wipe all the dirt that accumulated on my windshield due to it being frozen. That is where I figured out to check if I still have the orange wire strip where the wiper sits, but its not there.

Archived