LegacyGT.com

new info on 06 legacy

I can confirm... of a verrrry good source that 06 legacy's will have more power, same 2.5Liter sohc engine, better sound, more fuel efficient and vvt, (variable valve timing....) VVT !!!!!! MORE POWER!!!!niiiiice !

also, standard 17 inches on all models and electric seats, also on all models... EDIT : stardard DRIVERS electric seat... sorry....

06 forester xt will have Hid...

this of course, is for the canadian market... which will probably be the same in usa....

impreza will have superior security standard, will also get the new engine...

sweeeeet !!! variable valve timing finally on sohc engines !!!!:D

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, yeah. Sorry, but I'm going to have a little fun here.

05 GT's have AVCS (variable valve timing) with DOHC heads. I'm not sure they'd go 17" on all models, that just doesn't sound right to me and what I've seen and know about Subaru. Power drivers seat would be a possibility, they've done it in the past with GT's, not sure if they'd be wise to do it or not since there are still many who like their manual seats and reason why they have two options: Limited and std.

Variable valve timing on a SOHC doesn't make sense IMO and doesn't exist on any foreign models. You'd be altering both intake and exhaust timing at the same time in same direction and I don't know if that would be a good thing, although it could be. However, they do have a higher-performance NA 4-cylinder already available in foreign 2.0R models with higher compression and AVCS DOHC heads allowing it for a much more spirited engine, a 2.5L capacity would allow for a bit more and could be tuned for a bit more torque. I do remember seeing something noting new 06 models are said to be getting equal-length exhausts, so that may be the exhaust note change you're talking about perhaps. Not sure if they would be doing the same for turbo models.

How about we just wait and see what they bring. :)

If I had a dime for every rumor I've heard about the '06 Legacy then I would probably have enough to pay cash for one by now. I'm not saying that any of this is untrue, but I will say that I'll believe it when I see it. The rumor mill is really really busy in regards to the 06 Legacy. I'll just keep an eye on any solid information that I read about from people who are authorized to lay down the facts. Rumors are great, but I would prefer authorized truth.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Variable valve timing on a SOHC doesn't make sense IMO and doesn't exist on any foreign models. You'd be altering both intake and exhaust timing at the same time in same direction and I don't know if that would be a good thing, although it could be.

My 93 SOHC VTEC Civic has a longer duration higher lift cam lobe between the two normal cam lobes plus a third rocker. At 5000 rpm a switch provides hydraulic pressure to lock the two intake valve rockers to the center rocker for more lift and duration. The exhaust is unaffected. DOHC is not required for variable valve timing.

My 93 SOHC VTEC Civic has a longer duration higher lift cam lobe between the two normal cam lobes plus a third rocker. At 5000 rpm a switch provides hydraulic pressure to lock the two intake valve rockers to the center rocker for more lift and duration. The exhaust is unaffected. DOHC is not required for variable valve timing.

VVT != VTEC

VVT != i-VTEC (VCM version)

VVT == i-VTEC (VTC version)

look.... i work for subaru....

i know these exact changes will happen.... one thing to confirm... like 99%stock2.5i said... will they remain sohc ?? i had just presumed that... but it seems logical that vvt would be on dohc engines....but then again... these guys make flat engines....

@gt_ltd : legacy's and outbacks will have optionnal dvd based navigation...

and did anyone else know that subaru will be financed by gmac starting april 1st ...

Guys, they didn't give the WRX, the WRX STI, or the Forester XT anymore power in it's second year, you really think they'll give the Legacy GT more power in it's second year?

If they did anything they'd rate the power correctly (which is probably

like 260 hp and 270 tq).

But then again, they didn't correct the Forester XT's power rating in it's second year either. And everybody knows it's underrated by 20-25 hp.

The only reason to give a car more power in it's second year, is if

1. It's sales are seriously lacking and it needs the sales boost.

2. It's initial power level was not too good and lagged behind the competition

Neither is the case for the LGT

The LGT's only real competitor WILL be the Mazdaspeed 6

It's power is rated higher, but it's also 200 pounds heavier and is a limited edition

model.

The only reason to give a car more power in it's second year, is if

1. It's sales are seriously lacking and it needs the sales boost.

I don't know, does anyone have any figures on legacy sales?

I will say atleast here in the chicago land area, I don't see any of them on the road. And all the dealers in the area are offering invoice for the car up front.

-Nick

I gotta agree with Driver72 on this one. If there is a power increase, I'd bet it would be on the 2.5i models, and I'd bet it's not that much. I just have a hard time believing that they're gonna bump up the power after seeing the sales increase like they did with the redesign. If that's not the case, I'll gladly enjoy my crow.

Latest sales figures here and on media.subaru.com

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9445

I don't have an issue with more power, power driver's seat or better sound. I would take any and all.

For the 2.5GT, the first change I would prefer is a suspension with a little more sport and high-performance all seasons as standard.

Tom

I don't know, does anyone have any figures on legacy sales?

I will say atleast here in the chicago land area, I don't see any of them on the road. And all the dealers in the area are offering invoice for the car up front.

-Nick

Someone posted an article the other day saying that February was a record breaking month for Subaru sales. Tons of Legacys were sold. I don't see any reason for them to take a new engine off the shelf just yet. Most auto manufacturers leave things the way they are for 2 or 3 years before they do any "upgrades" to what is currently offered. I'm not saying that Subaru isn't going to do it anyway, but it would be very untypical for them to do and it would probably create some customer disatisfaction that they didn't offer this in 05 when the car first came out. I would actually be pretty pissed if they offered an LGT in 06 that was more powerful and had more options than mine does without much of a price change.

Could it really be that in only a year they have developed and tested a more powerful motor that they couldn't have offered in 05? Don't those usually take years of R&D before they come out with a new one? Unless it will be badged as an STi, I can't see why they would just make a better LGT after the success they are having with this one. The smart thing to do would be fully develop and test it and then wait for a lull in sales before releasing it. You don't release it when sales are high. It just doesn't make any sense to me why they would do something like that. Then again... the SVX didn't make a whole lot of sense to me either, but they made that. :lol:

OCDETAILS BLOG

isn't more advertised power = higher insurances for buyers?

A more powerful Legacy could mean higher rates if all of the other parameters that they used to factor the rates currently have stayed the same. With the accidents and theft in the last year factored, there could be other things that affect the rates.

OCDETAILS BLOG

look.... i work for subaru....

i know these exact changes will happen.... one thing to confirm... like 99%stock2.5i said... will they remain sohc ?? i had just presumed that... but it seems logical that vvt would be on dohc engines....but then again... these guys make flat engines....

@gt_ltd : legacy's and outbacks will have optionnal dvd based navigation...

and did anyone else know that subaru will be financed by gmac starting april 1st ...

I think you guys might be confusing Variable Valve Timing with Variable Valve Lift.

Archived