LegacyGT.com

Front Lip: To paint or not to paint?

TJS

How do you like your lips?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your lips?

• Raw, unpainted. Slap it on, call it a day.
    • Painted body color.
    • Black primer & clearcoat
    • Other (explain)

So I kinda like the black-lip look, but I've also seen some body-color lips that I really like. Does it depend on the style? Also what about cleaning? I would think that a clearcoated lip, even if it's black, would be easier to take bug splatters off of. Any thoughts? Photos too, if they help make yer point. :)

I'm one for body-matching. Eventually i'll be getting one of those eBay WRX replica lips and body-matching it. Just looks cleaner and more meant to be there, IMO. It's your car though, do what you like.

Throw paint on it, whatever tickles your fancy. I didn't paint mine and now it's discolored and gray from the sun and shit they put on the roads up here during the winter.

depends how you drive/where u park/if your lowered.

it would really suck to pay for it to get colormatched then scrape it up on a curb-stop.

ive got a lot of speedbumps where i live, live in a snowy area, and have noticed that when i park my front commonly overhangs the parking lot curbing. so if i were ever to get a front lip, i'd prob plastidip it just because the chances of me scraping it are high and it's easier to touchup then.

Primer+Black+Clear=Good

This equation has worked for me for 3 years, fading a little now. And as far as lowered, ect. I am stock height and It still gets bashed off stuff. Think of it as Bumper Insurance!

• I Donated Too
Anybody know if this lip would work? All the other ebay lips I've seen specify JDM front bumper....even though it's shipping from Canada or the US and they have 10 in stock... :)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SUBARU-LEGACY-FRONT-LIP-SEDAN-2005-06-07-GT-SE-/170835349580?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c694904c#ht_1505wt_1163

165 is way too much for a lip IMO

Archived