LegacyGT.com

LGT vs Prius

2furious

I was on the on ramp of I-215 West bound at 2000E from Highland. The bridge turns left and the lane merges to I-215. There are two lanes but the right lane ends before merging to I-215. I was on the left lane and white Prius was behind me. I was speeding up to merge and the Prius behind me moved to the right lane. There was a Toyota 4Runner before me so not much room there. She (Prius driver, mid 40's) was still behind me to cut me off but I closed the gap between me and the 4Runner. OMG, she tried to cut me off... With the freaking Priums... What did she thought LGT? Then she stayed on the right side so I though she might think the right lane will go on. Then, later she moved to the left lane and passed me before I-15. I needed to go to right to take I-15 NB and she went to straight on I-215.

I've been here in SLC for a year and a half and at least a couple of times, I saw stupid or out of mind drivers in a local road and on the freeway.

Guys in SLC and UT, what do you think the reason being there are so many bad, aggressive drivers here? I've lived in Arizona and Colorado before and traveled all over the places like South America and Asia. One day I even thought, I would get my car totaled someday because I felt so dangerous.

I lived in Sandy close to the Willow Creek Country Club. There are a few stop sign in the neighbor. I always stopped, literally STOP at the sign. But the last 1.5 years, I've seen only handful of drivers who stopped at the sign. Many drivers even turned right without stopping when I was slowing down to stop at the sign. It is so ridiculous. I thought about to put my old Camcoder at the crossroad to see how many people actually stop at the sign all day.

I don't know if you guys know the reason or not. But, the LGT folks, obey the signal, drive safe, and please stop at the "STOP" sign. There is a reason the sign is standing there.

From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

I've noticed that anytime anyone lives anywhere, that's where the worst drivers are.

I thought the worst drivers were here, then I moved to Wyoming and THAT'S where the worst drivers were, and then I moved back here and HERE'S where the worst drivers are.

People suck at driving everywhere. It's a human thing, not a geographic thing.

What is this post even about?

Are you mad that a 40 year old woman didn't recognize or care about your Legacy GT?

Or is this the worst street-racing story ever, where you got beat when a Prius passed you before I-15?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

A guy in a black IS-F tried to do something similar the other day when I was getting off the freeway. Bolted out from behind me, and tried to get in front. Except there was a pickup truck there. The lane he was in was right turn only with 3 people in front of him. He sat there for a few seconds, then cut between the two lanes and turned right. I couldn't help but laugh at how stupid it was.

Are you mad that a 40 year old woman didn't recognize or care about your Legacy GT?

Or is this the worst street-racing story ever, where you got beat when a Prius passed you before I-15?

LGT is king of cars. You know this

I've lived all over the U.S., England and Germany. Utah, by far, has the worst drivers. They are so passive aggresssive and completely lacking compassion for anyone but themselves. I am obviously not speaking about everyone, but damn, it's a lot. On a daily basis, even hourly, I see people running red lights. I've even seen cops blatently watch it happen and do nothing. But I think what I hate the most is the people who speed up because they see you want to change lanes AND driving at or below speed limit in the passing lane on a freeway. I absolutely hate the majority of people in Utah. I cannot wait to leave !!!!!!!

The post started by a stupid driver I met yesterday and it flew to the general driver's habit in Salt Lake City. I wasn't mad about her (she actually didn't pass me. :rolleyes:) but couldn't understand her behavior...

I've noticed that anytime anyone lives anywhere, that's where the worst drivers are.

I thought the worst drivers were here, then I moved to Wyoming and THAT'S where the worst drivers were, and then I moved back here and HERE'S where the worst drivers are.

People suck at driving everywhere. It's a human thing, not a geographic thing.

I somewhat agreed with you. As you said, it is the human thing. :eek:

I've lived all over the U.S., England and Germany. Utah, by far, has the worst drivers. They are so passive aggresssive and completely lacking compassion for anyone but themselves. I am obviously not speaking about everyone, but damn, it's a lot. On a daily basis, even hourly, I see people running red lights. I've even seen cops blatently watch it happen and do nothing. But I think what I hate the most is the people who speed up because they see you want to change lanes AND driving at or below speed limit in the passing lane on a freeway. I absolutely hate the majority of people in Utah. I cannot wait to leave !!!!!!!

I know your pain my friend.

I have driven in every state except 3 and Utah is definitely in the running for worst drivers. Moving to Cincinnati from Provo this summer thankfully. I think my biggest frustration is with the Utah fast lane (far right travel lane that no one uses here), and all the distracted drivers. Admittedly there are distractions in every state, but not every state has this many massive 10 kid families. I stay away as far away as possible when ever I see mini vans because I know they are fighting with kids instead of focusing on driving.

Also, I avoid honking anymore...honking in Utah is like making a personal attack against someone's mother. I've had guns pulled on me twice after I honked at the driver when they were doing something stupid. One of them got arrested for it when the redneck pulled out a revolver and got out of his car to intimidate me at a stop light in Provo...cop was two cars in front of me thankfully. If you think I'm full of shit, this is actually quite common here. Here are a could examples including a douche bag WRX driver:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=16162722

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865558405/Man-arrested-after-road-rage-incident-involving-gun.html?pg=all

I've also been spit on, and been flipped the bird more times than I can remember after honking at morons. I don't get it.

Also, I avoid honking anymore...honking in Utah is like making a personal attack against someone's mother. I've had guns pulled on me twice after I honked at the driver when they were doing something stupid. One of them got arrested for it when the redneck pulled out a revolver and got out of his car to intimidate me at a stop light in Provo...cop was two cars in front of me thankfully. If you think I'm full of shit, this is actually quite common here. Here are a could examples including a douche bag WRX driver:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=16162722

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865558405/Man-arrested-after-road-rage-incident-involving-gun.html?pg=all

I've also been spit on, and been flipped the bird more times than I can remember after honking at morons. I don't get it.

Yes, people are crazy. My buddy, less than a year ago had a gun pulled on him after honking at a 08-09 impreza driver for not proceeding at a green light in a busy intersection. My friend continues on his path (fingers and words were exchanged), impreza then follows for a minute then leaves. People suck. I don't know about anywhere else but people in utah drive like everyone owes them something, they are stuck up.

• 3 weeks later...

140 mile road trip to visit the in-laws in Utah county for the day. 4 different times I had to encourage a Prius to give up the commuter lane or the fast lane as they were trying their best to impede traffic and slow the flow.

Encouragement doesn't work. Mandatory lane changes were a part of my day. A lot of lane changes, most of them in and out of the slow lane so I could navigate through those hogging the left lanes. Uuuuggghhhh, what a drive to and from Utah county!

I never feel bad when I cut off a Prius. Brake-checking them improves their fuel economy. I expect a wave of "thanks" whenever I do it.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

My Prius murders cars in traffic. I cut off unsuspecting Porsches and gtrs in traffic and then post my kill stories on Prius enthusiast sites.

Its a nimble creature. Can't wait to get it tuned for e85 and add meth. Hoping for 190whp.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I like Jeremy's test drive of the Prius on Top Gear (UK naturally). Good times.

Yes, drivers here do tend to suck more than most states. Part of the reason I like having a semi-quick car. You can read and anticipate some situations.

Archived