LegacyGT.com

Why you guys picked legacy over other brands?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

?? Didn't have that problem. Ihave converted my family. My mom now has a legacy wagon and wants a Tribeca next...

I think it depends on the region a lot too.

Where I'm from (norhtern WV) we get snow and out in the country our roads are never cleared, so 4wd or awd is a must for at least one vehicle in the family. Once my parents saw how well my used Impreza ran and help up to my beating and the fact it made me want a new one, when it came time for them to trade up, a subaru was a natural choice.

Andt talk about bang for buck!! Now that my brother has driven my GT I think he is considering on too!!

Because Subarus are the only cars with a parking light switch on top of the steering wheel.

:lol:

:lol:

Cause "The Beauty of AWD"

Actually I traded up from a 98 Impreza.

If I'm going faster than you, Move Right.

All you have to say in response to the question, "Why Legacy?" is: Drive it! It sells itself.

I was in the market for a new car back in august and I drove past a subaru dealership and saw a black 05 LGT sitting among 3 or 4 Imprezas. Once I finally got to take it for a test drive, I took it home that night. Simple as that.

According to the commercial, all the other cars on the road drive with the back end of the car sticking straight up in the air and a few the front end. Obviously I wanted my car to drive flat on the ground.

Best post.....

Who Dares Wins

スバル

We looked at Volvo, Audi, BMW, & Lexus before we got the LL Bean w/the H6. We were looking to replace my wife's '02 325Ci. I was interested in the BMW 3 series w/AWD (Xi models), but the service we got from the BMW dealership in Northern Virginia on my wife's car was terrible. They were rude to her repeatedly, the repair bills were astronomical and we suspected foul play on one occassion which resulted in a $2000 repair bill on the car when it was leff than 50 miles out of warranty. So, my wife swore she would never get another one.

But from the objective side, all the comparable models were considerably more money. When we compared similarly equipped models (awd, roughly same HP, space, leather, nav system, vdc) - the difference between the Subie and the Lexus, for example, was $15K. We're a young couple and that's $15K we can use on a lot of other stuff.

Fact is, there are not many awd wagons on the market. There's a ton of SUVs, but they are not particularly safe... top heavy, not made to the same standard of crash worthiness as automobiles, etc.

So, why the Subaru Outback? Great car, reliable, fun to drive, and safe. More reliable than their German counterparts. Now, if we went ack to live in Europe, I may change my mind as the German cars are built for their roads - and are better designed for cruising in excess of 80 mph. But, we just don't regularly go that fast in this country, unless we're at a track or something. We just did a cross country trek (from DC to Chicago) and would run at 78 mph on the highway (speed limit set at 70 mph). The Subie did just fine and still had plenty left in reserve. But those speeds are not the same as what we used to drive in Germany (110mph +).

After driving AWD, I feel like anything else is a downgrade. Some of the other brands are just starting to make AWD cars - so I'm going to give them a little bit of time to get their engineering down. Subie's have had the AWD system down for years, so I feel like it is a pretty solid system. Audi and BMW's are good, too. Honda's got something - but the system is not as good as ours and the VW system is a heavy, clunky beast that I haven't heard great reviews about over time.

So, at the end of the day, we were looking at the Lexus 400H (hybrid) and the Subie LL Bean w/the 3.0. The cost difference was $15K and while we liked the idea of driving a hybrid, we weren't willing to pay an extra $15K for a little better mileage.

SOA - make a clean burning diesel hybrid!!

I just bought my LGT. I came from a Mazda 6i. Here's why:

1) I didn't want to take 20 minutes to get up my unplowed driveway at the end of a work day (it's 700 feet long and goes up a hill....and yes, the Mazda 1 wheel drive did have excellent snows).

2) I've had both Audi Quattros and Subarus in the past. Both of my Audis broke. $10k worth of breakage. Subarus are liked by Consumer Reports and they tend to steer us well with reliability. That's why Subie over Audi (or VW or BMW or Volvo)

3) The luxury of the interior of the Subaru is close to that of my 98 A4 or 00 S4. Not quite up to par, but close. Also, the power of the LGT is close to that of the S4. Not quite, again, but close.

4) My employer pays me a car allowance if the car meets their requirements. The Legacy GT does. :D

5) The LGT does not carry the cache of an Audi, BMW or Evo/Sti for that matter with Johnny Law. I don't even catch his attention as I'm passing the red M3 on the highway. The M3 is the one who catches the blues and the $100 ticket. :D :D

6) Although I had no clue what SI drive was when I bought the car, I am really impressed with it. I can commute into work with all the other dolts and run in SI drive and stay in high gears and I'm getting 28mpg (yes, really!). Then I sit at a stop sign and need to book it to get into traffic. I hit S# and between the instant extra power (it's significantly more) and the AWD, I burst in between cars where in my old Mazda 6i, I would have had to wait for a biiiiiig break in traffic.

jack

I'm only starting to enjoy my 2006 Legacy Wagon SE (2.5i), but I fell in love the moment I finished my 5 minute test drive at the dealer. Car feels much more solid and stable than any of the econoboxes I had. Compared to a Maxima or Altima, it's in a different league as far as the comfort/handling ratio goes. It seems that it can take corners very well, while handling bumps and holes with little effort. I'm sure the GT model with the turbo is definitely a much faster counterpart, but I can't complain, even with the measly 175hp. It has enough pep for daily driving, and where it lacks the hp on a spirited drive, it shines with it's handling and braking. Did I mention it sounds beautiful?

And then there's the monetary aspect. Simply put, there's little competition for it, ESPECIALLY when looking at used cars. For the same money, I could have gotten a 1.8t A4 Avant, but it would be with twice more mileage and two more years on the calendar. I figured that in case something does go wrong, I will still have the factory warranty to fall back on for the most of my finance term.

Cause "Everyday is a winding road....Get a little bit closer"http://smiliesftw.com/x/hscoold.gif....LOL:lol:

Oh and All the other cars are like dust in the wind...:)

Reliablity

Safety

Handling

COMMUNITY...

LOOKS...Subaru's have always looked sexy to me...

I've had 00 Outback, 07 WRX, and now my 05 LGT...

Anyway just tell them to come for a ride and show them y Subaru is best of the best...:woowoo:

This is the thing with Subaru ownership: every last detail matters. Every tiny piece of the water-injection jigsaw is more important than your child’s next breath. You don’t own a car like this' date=' you are assimilated by it. You become one[/color'].

The quote above pretty much sums it up for me. Here's the link to the article:

http://zeitgeist-us.blogspot.com/2007/12/subaru-impreza-25-wrx.html

The lack of brand awareness makes it a tough sell, but value is something parents won't argue against. I still laugh at my bro who paid quite a bit more for an IS250 and now he wants more power. LOL

Archived