LegacyGT.com

Meaning and uses of the different nav' functions

Just joined this great forum. I've been reading and searching for topics who could answer my question all afternoon, so sorry if it has already been explained but if it has, I haven't found it :D What I would like to know is apart from the navigation system, what are the meaning of the gauges and what other functions there are? [img]http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/touringwagon/utility/05/imgs/p2.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/touringwagon/utility/05/imgs/p6.jpg[/img][img]http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/touringwagon/utility/05/imgs/p7.jpg[/img][img]http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/touringwagon/utility/05/imgs/p8.jpg[/img] And if somebody has pictures of these screens other than in Japanese, that would be great :) Thank you in advance for your help :)

The first one is voltage, the second one is your fuel economy, and the last one is your throttle % I believe. The last one is just an entertainment item. None of those gauges show boost, which I know some members here may be thinking. I don't think they have the navigation right now in something other than Japanese. Regardless, welcome to the boards. We hope you enjoy your stay here.
-ben

Hmm, I am not in Japan, but I have the Nav in my car ! :D

So, there are several buttons and screens that are available in the Nav/Info screen. The screen with the 3 gauges show - as axis stated - voltage, fuel consumption (in l per 100 km as germans are used to) and percentage of the accelerator.

1322343863_Legacy3.0RKombiNavi_0408B.jpg.81f0045e50c80c8a35ad51d8fe898dd2.jpg

The bottom-middle screen shows maintenance intervals. From left-to-right: Oil change in 5000 km or December 12, 2004 (whichever comes first I presume) Filter service (air filter? cabin ventilation filter?) in 10000 km or December 28, 2005 Tire rotation on May 28, 2006 Wipers (presumably blades) in 5000 km The bottom-right screen is the configuration for the keyless entry system. It's hard to read, so I can't be sure of the below, but I think they are: Leftmost is a toggle to enable/disable automatic locking Delay before automatic locking, currently set to 30 seconds. Toggle for visual feedback (blinking the hazard lights) Toggle for aural feedback ("buzzer") Reset to defaults

[quote name='axis008'] Regardless, welcome to the boards. We hope you enjoy your stay here.[/QUOTE] Thank you :) Seeing the amount of quick replies and the quality of them, I am more than delighted :) Thank you for all the explanations and thank you Flo4Legacy for the pics, it's exactly what I was looking for. The problem is that I want a Legacy more than ever now :D

By the way, this Nav system seems to be a certain Kenwood system. If there are the US maps for the Kenwood system, this maps might work in combination with the Euro Nav system. As the Euro system is available as an dealer installed option (though for hefty EUR 3000,--) it might be possible to install it in the US version (if there are the needed connectors for the Nav ...)

The high cost I presume is because it's not just a nav system. What would be neat is a bluetooth ready system so I could display by cell phone contacts on the screen and have it touch sensitive so I can quickly call someone. Perhaps one day. BMW doe it now but with a simple electroluminescent display and buttons on the steering wheel. Then I want cameras for reverse parking viewed through the screen. Then I want......

• 3 months later...

Due to special request of d33725 I post some more pictures of the Navigation menu structures (European version).

I hope it helps :) - but I doubt that the US Navigation will be based on the same system :eek:.

The pictures show some of the base menus and the map. There a ton of more options ... Where I didn't made a picture is the routing information - this only makes sense during driving, and I don't like to drive and shoot pics at the same time :redface:

242857742_Navi004.jpg.5d89d5448c3e56c13ef753e3dafb49e7.jpg

165199176_Navi005.jpg.452f7a69784c591432e8dbac309b96dc.jpg

1261474833_Navi007.jpg.655d43c1d4af876bbb716a36fe08f9d0.jpg

1881916340_Navi008.jpg.21ae37750abf2b50b59e443ce2d1a65c.jpg

1636173780_Navi002.jpg.efb4e829caba3dbe96c388b4983d4d44.jpg

Archived