LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy GT Limited for $28,029?

duroWRX

Hey Guys -

Long time Subaru Owner and for the last year and a half I've been driving a 2009 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x (4x4, Short bed).

I've been missing some fun in my drive to work so I recently started researching the Legacy.

I'm thinking about getting this car:

http://www.subaruoflasvegas.com/new/Subaru/2010-Subaru-Legacy-c8aa00b07f0000010187955b04a3c9e7.htm

- Now has 615 Miles, never titled.

- I am going to get $5000 off MSRP

I read that the 2011's have more features standard and they get rid of the ugly wood grain accents in the GT Limited. The dealer told me that 2011's aren't hitting dealerships until December 2010. :rolleyes:

I really like the car - it's what I wish was out when I got rid of my WRX. I wanted a bigger sedan, smoother+quieter ride, leather, moonroof.

I miss shifting, having a turbo and AWD. How am I going to put my Greddy Type-S BOV on it, since the turbo is down by the header now? :lol::lol:

Oh and the only thing that bugs me is that I can't get black with black interior AND no temp gauge... this one I'm looking at has 615 miles on it!

So just your opinion on what you guys are paying these days... is this a good deal for $28,029?

Thanks!

I think Heuberger Motors Inc. in Colorado is currently selling LGT's around 26-27k.

You should be able to get at least another grand off.

If not, make a trip to colorado and get it there :)

They had this listing couple days ago: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Legacy-GT-Limited-NEW-2010-Subaru-Legacy-2-5GT-Limited-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19bc12518eQQitemZ110529499534QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks#v4-34

Their was going for about 26k.

A car with 615 miles on it....I'd want another grand off just for thats because the 2011 models are about to come out.

Honestly, the 2011 models are not worth it if you are getting that much off on an LGT 2010.

A 2011 model would run you around 32-33k.

You would be getting everything in a Limited 2010 model anyways (except nav).

I'm going to agree with IcEWoLF. At that price there's too much dealer profit involved. I got a GT Premium for 27,500 in November. And it had 4 miles on it. They've only devaluated from there.

Pete

Well, I am being pressured by the dealer saying that they not discount the MSRP after the 31st. I've thought about it and I think I'll just stick with my truck for now.

I love the new Legacy's but this one has high mileage, and not the options that I want on it.

Thanks for your input! Maybe in a few more months I'll have my hands on a 2011! :)

Wonder if we can order black exterior / black interior from the factory? :p

Tell them that you want the car, and that you will be on board only if they bring the price down, if not, tell them that you are willing to drive somewhere else to get the car.

The dealer obviously doesn't want to work with you, and they are feeding you bunch of BS.

I'd suggest you call another dealer and ask them if that's true or not and then go back to the dealership and ask to speak to the market area manager and keep asking this issue to be escalated. Eventually they will end up taking care of you :).

That should put some pressure on them.

Just wondering if you've had a chance to test drive the car, especially through some curves? I just ask as I thought the 2010s had gotten too big and seemed more unwieldy, but I think that about the current gen Accords and Mazda 6s as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Its funny how people always think dealers are trying to screw them over. 2010 LGT's have stairstep money "the more you sell the more you get from subaru". If you sell 1 lgt you get $1,500 rebate if you sell 2 (in a month) you get a $2,500 rebate (the dealer gets that is) Its very simple ask them to see the SOA invoice and then see how far below it. Or ask them how many lgt's they sold. There not trying to screw you they want to get rid of this car more than you know. Treat them with respect and be reasonable. The only reason dealers sometimes seem to spew b.s is because thats what they get from their customers all day long. Oh and please dont tell them were you got this information.

I dont' mean to threadjack but I don't want to start a dupe thread. I'm currently looking at a 2010 LGT Premium w/moonroof. MSRP 30,xxx. They are offering it up for 27,300 but I keep reading people getting these crazy deals where a 2011 limited supposedly only cost them that much, how low can I push a dealer this late in the model year?

VIP Price is low 28K.

My wife thinks I should offer 25K. Does that sound too low?

I dont' mean to threadjack but I don't want to start a dupe thread. I'm currently looking at a 2010 LGT Premium w/moonroof. MSRP 30,xxx. They are offering it up for 27,300 but I keep reading people getting these crazy deals where a 2011 limited supposedly only cost them that much, how low can I push a dealer this late in the model year?

VIP Price is low 28K.

My wife thinks I should offer 25K. Does that sound too low?

I would guess they would laugh but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. From a profit perspective though I believe that there is about a 2k profit margin at the dealer invoice price. So if you offered 25k the dealership would in fact be losing money I believe if VIP is already 28k.

I am no expert as I just got into looking at this as well to hopefully buy the car but I think that is fairly accurate. 27,300 seems decent but you could always offer less like 26k. Unless this is the exact car and trim you want and can't get it elsewhere you as the consumer have the leverage, not the dealer.

Ben

I think I would go 26K, just not sure how to get there, or if that's possible for them to do. It's the trim I want, which I just found out won't exist in 2011 (my plan was to wait for one of those). The reason for wanting that trim is 1 cheaper and 2 has all the options even at base that I want in a car. I could give a rats ass about leather and an HK radio (all I do is listen to Bob and Tom on my way to work, 6.1 speakers isn't not really important for that).

Maybe I'll just see, if I dont get it, I probably won't ever do a subaru unless they bring back the premium in 2012. There's nothing wrong with my current car, it just doesnt' have the turbo, VROOOOOM.

No offense to the guys working hard on the sales floor, but consumer to consumer try to work with their internet sales manager. You invenst less of your time getting to the best price they can offer you.

Also the edmunds article is still a good read...

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/page001.html

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

OK, I'm bragging, but this may also help you.

I picked up my 2010 LGT Premium yesterday.

Sticker (MSRP) $30,400 paid $26,400. After I paid for it and I was leaving, I heard on fo the other salesman say "wow that think looks nice when it's cleaned up". They wouldn't tell me how long it had been sitting there, apparently a while, long enough that I found a spot they missed cleaning in the trunk groove and it was full of that EXTREME spring pollen we had.

I got $4000 under MSRP, maybe could have squeezed a little more out, but it was through back and forth in email that I got it that low. The initial offer was like $27,500.

I got an offer from another dealer with a leftover that went $25,995 and it's MSRP was actually $30,500. It had options I didn't want as much though.

Bottom line, 2010 is left over stock, no matter what the trim, they know they won't be able to sell it easily. In the case of the remaining Premiums I noticed a pattern of dealer stupiditiy, ALL remaining ones are MSRP of $30K or higher, which puts them at a similar price to a LIMITED. Who would want to pay the Limited's price for a Premium missing many of the Limited's features?

Limited is only leather sits, premium stereo and auto dimm....without nav.

I wouldn't pay MSRP....

Everyone should be able to get a LGT Premium or Limited for under 26-27k

jjwink, great deal bud!

Archived