LegacyGT.com

Uppipe only, Stage 1.

Muleski

My LGT is just past 60K miles. 5EAT. Stage 1 w/AP, No plans to go to Stage 2. I want a gutted uppipe, as I've had a couple of {non-Subies} destroy turbo's early and I don't think that the cat and EGT prope in the stock uppipe can do any good as the miles start to add up. Want to lose them both. I've searched this site, and NASIOC and I'm just going around in circles as to options. I think I'll go new, rather than a used STI UP.

Also thinking that one with a flex section would be best for me. Any opinions on Turbo XS vs Grimmspeed? I know it's been discussed a hundred plus times. Searching yields so much that it's even more confusing.

Thanks very much. Any input appreciated.

If you are going to just to the up-pipe you might as well get the Grimspeed ported and coated exhaust manifold with their up-pipe. It will get you a few more ponies and be basically stock.

You can send in your stock manifolds for a core refund of $140.

http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=102

• Mega Users

Go with the smallest diameter uppipe and avoid a flex section.

I've got the megan racing headers w/ integrated uppipe on the way.

Whenever the stock heatshields can't be used I would definitely recommend

coating or wrapping and spraying, especially the uppipe

Thanks for the replies, and advice. I'm just going to do an uppipe at this time. I had pretty much decided on a coated Grimmspeed.

So, now I'm confused by Lt. Dan's post. I understand the issues of "cheaper" flex sections breaking apart, which would defeat the entire reason for getting rid of the cat and the sensor. However, from what I read, the GS is of high quality, with a great fit. But what about the "smallest diameter" issue. The GS tapers from 1.92" to 1.75". How does that compare with something like a Perrin?

Thanks. I'm trying not to overthink this.

there are lots of happy customers with GS Flex UP's. Also, the tapering diameter inside the GS UP helps to increase the speed of the exhaust gasses flowing through the UP, making for faster spoooooooooool.

I'm buying the GS UP/manifolds/crossover combo soon....

• Mega Users
Yeah, the idea is to bottleneck the exhaust into the turbine. I had a megan racing up with a rather large flex section. I wasn't too keen on that so i never installed it. I can't wait to see how the headers/up combo perform

there are lots of happy customers with GS Flex UP's. Also, the tapering diameter inside the GS UP helps to increase the speed of the exhaust gasses flowing through the UP, making for faster spoooooooooool.

I'm buying the GS UP/manifolds/crossover combo soon....

+1

I was so happy with their coated UP that I just bought a set of PNP exhaust manifolds.

Unfortunately I haven't installed them yet .... so can't give any feedback yet.

Archived