LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

Sounds like not a cracked ringland, then. Unless it's a very mild crack. Mine had tons of knock at idle and low load with a cracked ringland, and did not run well except at full throttle either.

#4 75 PSI / 80% leakdown - no idea what else it would be. I had it done by one of the Subaru specific shops with the best reputation in this area.

I guess I'm 2.5 SB & several turbos passed due:spin:

Your car is an amazing freak.

Just turned over 200k yesterday on the way to work. Not gonna lie, didn't think she'd make it for a while. Only issue right now is crappy heat in the cabin because of the Subaru "conditioner" the dealer put in several years ago. Head gaskets and heater core replaced already, still lukewarm heat.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/24/e0edf1a16d1b1206f95c23fbe912c90a.jpg

Tried the "SPt Lower Chassis Brace" 2 mos ago. clearance to lower heat fins was tight. Adjusted many times to get rid of clunks & thunks, removed completely after 30 days.

I had this problem, but made the bar flat where it touched the fins (heat sinks) with a hammer and then recoated the bar where the paint flaked off.

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Hit 84,000 the car pulls to the right even after an alignmet. Head gaskets started to show signs of an oil leak.

The front PS halfshaft inside boot is throwing grease. Need to replace the whole halfshaft soon.

Just put a GRIMMSPEED AOS on last weekend - my Christmas present.

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Hit 84,000 the car pulls to the right even after an alignmet. Head gaskets started to show signs of an oil leak.

The front PS halfshaft inside boot is throwing grease. Need to replace the whole halfshaft soon.

Just put a GRIMMSPEED AOS on last weekend - my Christmas present.

Seriously? Your car is begging for help, with serious engine and drivetrain issues... and rather than service it, you put on a GS AOS?

No wonder that it's falling apart after only 84,000 miles.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

221k on 2nd turbo.

Wheel bearings in front are shot.

2nd timing belt is due like yesterday plus water pump this time.

Valve cover gasket passenger side has been leaking on uppipe, gotta get to that.

Heater blower fan is whining - replace.

Trans/diff fluid again soon.

Check banjo bolt AGAIN!

Edited by Catalyst
"This is an adventure."

think my turbo went on the way in. I"m not sure yet...I could be ultra paranoid. but heard a sound I never heard before while driving to work. a whirring noise...not the turbo spooling. it's hard to explain. but when I let off the gas, it stopped. pulled over, popped the hood (like I'd see anything), got back in and drove off like there was an egg on my gas pedal.

didn't hear the noise again. at work now, will have to drive the same way back home. I'm 30 miles from home....i need to get it closer to home.

Sounds exactly how my stock turbo went at ~170k. No CEL, just whirling noise with loss of power. Sorry :/

"This is an adventure."

3300-3500. Mobil 1 :eek: for the first 180k, than switched to Castrol Edge. Did some analysis 60,000 miles ago and Blackstone came back saying the wear was below average. They thought I could go longer, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Was running Cobb stage 1 since 50K?, then at 180K had to replace the turbo (stuck wastegate) and went with BNR 16G @ 18.5 psi, tuned by Shamar.

250,000 miles. :eek:

3300-3500. Mobil 1 :eek: for the first 180k, than switched to Castrol Edge.

OK, we've caught this just in time.

By the Law of Tris, you should've been replacing your SB every ~60k miles... so, technically, you owe your car 4 new shortblocks. Check out the rebuild shopping list to get started.

Also, say 50 Hail Mt. Fujis while bathing in Extra S, to atone for your use of Mobil 1.

Good luck on your build.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Seriously? Your car is begging for help, with serious engine and drivetrain issues... and rather than service it, you put on a GS AOS?

No wonder that it's falling apart after only 84,000 miles.

84,000 miles is hardly worthy of this thread to begin with.. mine has 86,000 and I havent had a single issue with anything yet. Good luck to this guy! Lol

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

How any of you have cars under 100K blows me away! Only reason I don't have more than 160K is I started telecommuting 90% of the time 4 years ago.

Mine is under 100K because it never stayed on the road long enough to get to 100K. I have the 100K Subaru ownership badge for when that time finally comes.

I should be at 202,000 miles in a couple day's, the wagon is headed back to VT after work today for a long weekend. Fresh snow, have to ski.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I should be at 202,000 miles in a couple day's, the wagon is headed back to VT after work today for a long weekend. Fresh snow, have to ski.

Jealous - here in California the 4 year drought continues. Although, with my car down for about a month, I guess it's not a bad thing. Chains on a Honda fit suck.