LegacyGT.com

My turbo is running fine

:lol:

Just chiming in to say my 2005 LGT is running great with no turbo issues or any other issues. I currently have almost 30,000 miles of carefree fun. Oh, and I have been running the Cobb AccessPort for over 20k of those miles.

So lets hear it for the LGT owners who don't have turbo issues so that those who come skulking around here see that not every turbo boxer engine is destined to grenade.

FWIW, I have always changed the oil every 5,000 miles using synthetic. Usually Castrol Syntec or Castrol Edge.

Oh, and this is in response to C-lo in this thread: (thanx for the good idea)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/mistake-buy-05-lgti-133545.html

Change your oil more often (manual says every 3750) or you won't have a fine running turbo for much longer. Unless you're running an air oil separator, you lose a lot of oil on blow by.

On another note, my 08 is just short of 40k miles and the only problem I've had with my car is a wheel bearing because I curbed it and broke the seal. The turbo is running fine... knocks on wood...

It's cool; I'm with the band

77k on my 2005 car, with no turbo issues. Stage 2 for the past 30k of those miles. Oil change (Dino) every 3000-4000 miles, and I just had the banjo bolt filter on the turbo oil feed line removed a month ago (no debris). Didn't do the other one yet.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

05 with 86k running Cobb Stage 1 91 octane for the last 10k. Oil changed about every 3,750 miles depending on type of driving. Life is good. New SSR wheels and Koni's within the next 2 weeks. Bye Bye winter, come on mod season!

around 78k on my 05 LGT. Not modded at all run it hard sometimes and most days I just drive it normal. My car is running fine minus a little rough idle every once and a while but I think that is normal.

05 limited checkin in, just rolled over 50k a couple days ago, everything is running great! I'm bone stock except for 17x8 Rota G-forces and 245/40 S-drives. The car has taken a bit of a beating since I've gotten it at least. Two trips down to the drag strip, and any time I encounter an empty on ramp, ohhhh it's onnn. :lol: I've only owned the car for a little over six thousand miles, so we'll see what happens. I freakin' love this car, so I plan on keeping it for a long time.

05 with 82k miles. I've been stage 1 for about 40k miles, a couple seasons of autocrossing, a dabble of road courses, and I'm still on the original clutch. Oil changes come around every 4k miles with PP (synthetic). Nothing much has come up and she's running like a champ.

05 LGT no mods, I'm the second owner and I'm not sure if my turbo has ever been changed. But so far so good, change my oil every 3000 to 3500 miles, I drive the piss out of it and it's running just fine. Oh yeah 80,000 miles on it.

85k miles on our 05 LGT 5mt. Not a single issue with car.

We change oil every 3k-4k with dino/Subaru oil filter since brand new.

The majority driver(90%) wife never tach's it past 4.5k rpm.

85k miles on our 05 LGT 5mt. Not a single issue with car.

We change oil every 3k-4k with dino/Subaru oil filter since brand new.

The majority driver(90%) wife never tach's it past 4.5k rpm.

I bet this one will last the longest.

I like this thread.

For all the 2005 and 2006 LGTs they sold in North America, we get a lot of reports of failure on this forum, but it's a very small percentage overall. Really.

I have been running a basic stage 2 email map by PDX for 2 years and currently have 40k miles on the car. No engine issues.

Yes, 5 years and 40k miles only... but I don't drive far to work. My car could be 10 years old with 80k miles on it and I hope it will be the same for the whole time.

70k on my 05 and after 5 years of ownership, only mechanical issue was a wheel bearing. Turbo doing fine with a TDC stage 1 e-tune for last 50k miles. New Castrol syntec oil every 4k miles.

Car still looks great and runs like new. Think I'm gonna keep her for a long time.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

Archived