LegacyGT.com

Suspension 'Rebuild' Opinions

ERLoft

A while back I dropped off my Bilsteins at the San Diego factory for a rebuild. Because of the 12 week turnaround, I had been playing with the idea of going to KW2's or RCE T1's. However, I'm leaning now towards just doing the rebuild and revalve to match my Swift springs and replacing essentially all the suspension bushings. Here's my shopping list:

• SuperPro LCA Caster Bushing Kit (Already have)
  • Whiteline LCA Lower Innner Bushing
  • Whiteline Bump Steer Kit
  • Whiteline Rear Control Arm Kit (It's really only $100 more to get the adjustable control arms that include the bushings as opposed to just replacing all the individual bushings, plus it's a lot easier to install, so why not?)
  • Whiteline Trailing Arm Front Bushing
  • Whiteline Differential Mount in Cradle Kit
  • Whiteline Differential Outrigger Bushing

And I already have:

• Perrin 25mm sways front & rear.
  • Perrin Stout Mounts
  • Kartboy endlinks

My hopes are that these upgrades will tighten up handling a bit and reduce clunks and noise from the suspension. Opinions, suggestions and feedback?

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All of that is fine, as long as you are happy with the dampening the rebuilt shocks. see if they can upgrade the valving for you as well. they can put much better gut in the housings than how they came. see what kind of options they give you. you could end up with a better shock than the kw/RCE has if you pick the right things.

Thanks for the feedback. To add to my list I'm also going to replace the sway bar mount bushings and the endlink bushings too...

I'll have to check with Juan @ Bilstein about rebuild options...

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived