LegacyGT.com

Body kit...sedan vs wagon

GTWhitey

Sorry, I'm sure the Info's out there somewhere in forum land, but I am in the process of possibly buying a body kit being sold on craigslist, and I'd like to think time is a factor.

He's selling a new kit, he'd bought it for 2008/2009 sedan but never installed. I have a 2005 legacy Wagon Gt.

Price is great, I do want it.

I want to confirm my thoughts that the front and rear bumpers will work for me, but am not certain that the side skirts will work, any thoughts and experience in this matter will be awesome,

Thanks

Sorry, I'm sure the Info's out there somewhere in forum land, but I am in the process of possibly buying a body kit being sold on craigslist, and I'd like to think time is a factor.

He's selling a new kit, he'd bought it for 2008/2009 sedan but never installed. I have a 2005 legacy Wagon Gt.

Price is great, I do want it.

I want to confirm my thoughts that the front and rear bumpers will work for me, but am not certain that the side skirts will work, any thoughts and experience in this matter will be awesome,

Thanks

The front bumper is different on the 05 compared to the 08-09. The rear bumper on the sedans and wagons are completely different. The side skirts are the pieces that would be the most likely to fit :redface:. I would do a little more research before you pulled the trigger on this one.

Not just the bumper design, but in order for the 08-09 front bumper to work on your 05, you'd need new headlights, a new hood, new bumper brackets, and new fenders. The headlight design is different, hence the reason to get all the new body parts. For the rear end, you'd need the bumper, rear bumper brackets, and taillights. AFAIK, it all bolts up to existing holes, there are people who have done a conversion, but it's not cheap.

Archived