LegacyGT.com

P1101 code from 5mt swap

Throwing the nss code is pissing me off royally. I have tried to follow the wiring from this thread http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/111-gen-1-1995-1999/37184-5spd-swap-1998-subaru-99-completed-having-one-last-wiring-issue-plz-help.html#/forumsite/20514/topics/37184

I took one side of the nss and grounded it, then took the other wire into pin 82 on the ecu connector. Is this wrong? Does the switch need power instead of a ground or what? Its all very confusing. Also instead of clipping the existing wire coming out of pin 82, i spliced into it. I will try clipping it next (so the nss is the only thing going into that pin). I did this because i figured the wire was dead weight, but didnt want to cut it just in case this didnt work. Does anyone have a complete pinout of the B84 connector?

• 2 weeks later...
Well im confident i have it done now and the misfires are something else. Im warrantying the wires soon so maybe thatll fix it. Timings dead on, coil and plugs are brand new, so thats thenonly thing it could be unless i have a bad injector or a burnt valve.

Archived