LegacyGT.com

Bent Stock Rims-What to do with them?!

dhmioyrgo

I have a set of stock rims from my 05 LGT that I got in addition to the aftermarket rims that were already on the car when I bought it. The previous owner told me that they were "kinda bent" but I was too much of a noob to ask him how much. I do remember him telling me that they still held pressure.

I've talked to a couple friends and they've said that you can bend them back if they're not too bad. But is that worth it?

Should I sell these things? Are they worthless? Do I need more information?

They've been sitting in my basement for 2 years and I'm gonna be moving soon so I wanna have a plan for them if they're gonna be staying with me for the long haul.

Any advice is appreciated.

You can sell them very cheaply. They're not worth it to fix, and I wouldn't take a hammer and just try to bend them since they're cast.

You could use them as a beater set in the snow since you're not going as fast, but that depends how bent they are, if they're bad I wouldn't drive on them.

You need more information. I'd have them checked out by someone that deals with bent/broken rims on a regular basis.

This.

DO you have a wheel repair shop in Ohio? If so, call them. There are 3 shops in Vancouver that do this so I imagine that someone near Dayton certainly does wheel repair / wheel refinishing.

The problem is that it might cost you over 100 bucks a wheel to repair them (especially if they have to re-paint them too) and in the end a totally fine OEM Legacy rim osn't worth more than 100 bucks....

If they are really bent and whobble when installed on a car, then they aren't worth anything in their current shape, really.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived