LegacyGT.com

Dash noise

Im new to Subaru's and I wonder if the clicking,thumping mechanical noise is normal in my 05. I only hear it after after I turn the car off and a couple seconds later I hear this noise. I thought it was from the coolant being low but thats fine. Is it a gremlin? LOL The car has not given me any problems just curious about the noise.

Yes it sounds mechanical,mine does it after the ac has been used or without it being used.I hurry up and get out the car so i don't hear it LOL Kidding. I hate that noise. Sounds like its percolating pot of coffee.

Metal expands when it heats up. When it cools down, it reverts back to it's normal shape. When you have metal bolts torqued down to metal flanges, you'll hear this sound. Nothing to worry about.

Metal expands when it heats up. When it cools down, it reverts back to it's normal shape. When you have metal bolts torqued down to metal flanges, you'll hear this sound. Nothing to worry about.

this or just trying to generate 1.21 gigawatts. you choose, OP

must be this, check the armrest in the rear seat

flux.jpg.32521ec707f612749bf499bc91b3da64.jpg

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Just bumping this thread because my 05 does the exact same thing. To me it sounds like the valves that direct airflow from the a/c are moving to a closed position after the pressure of the a/c drops off when the engine is turned off.

Lasts for just a few seconds but does it consistantly. Does not sound like a wet gurgle...definately mechanical like valves moving.

Just bumping this thread because my 05 does the exact same thing. To me it sounds like the valves that direct airflow from the a/c are moving to a closed position after the pressure of the a/c drops off when the engine is turned off.

Lasts for just a few seconds but does it consistantly. Does not sound like a wet gurgle...definately mechanical like valves moving.

Well, I call it gurgle:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

it stops gurgling the second i open the door.... wonder if thats from the change in pressure or what. i don't mind this noise, its the rattling noise coming from the dash or A pillar or something (while driving) that makes me crazy...

Archived