LegacyGT.com

VF48 + corn Dyno Results

I got word today that the car is finished. AWD Tuning did a fantastic job.

315whp / 360wtq on their mustang. The same setup (excluding fuel upgrades) made 255whp / 300 wtq with the VF46 and 93 (same dyno, same shop, a year prior)

Mods:

VF48

Witch Hunter 850cc modded injectors

DW 65c pump

RacerX FMIC

K&N Typhoon / Perrin turbo inlet

ERZ Catted DP / Magnaflow exhaust

TurboXS noisemaker

corn fed

I cant wait to go pick it up. I should be able to post the dyno graph later as long as they saved/printed it for me.

414802_568782812813_2085942161_o.thumb.jpg.684c3790e6003d3f5eb81638ccadaa36.jpg

stage3spec.b.jpg.ae436a31792731603f5e4bd1b3d04331.jpg

img-613080945-0001a.thumb.jpg.e50cd3fd63b2a39a39eb68c3c9154721.jpg

lol

You have my old setup Marshall! Its absolutely brilliant for street thuggery and whomping around everywhere on boost. Not so great on the highway over 65mph (you will drink e85 like you wouldnt believe at 70+) and as long as you do not do any highway pulls with high power cars from 80mph you will feel immensely powerful because of the low end TQ.

My car with practically the same setup would idle up a hill with no throttle on a LWFW and LWpully. :eek: Gotta love fmic x e85 = timing TQ!

Anyhow, looking forward to hearing what you think since you are basically driving what I drove for a long time.

THINGS I LOVED: Never ran the car over 6k rpm as the turbo fell on its face so I never boosted the motor hard at higher rpm;). Having a margin for error over the powerband (you could still run to redline without hitting rev limiter even if you were losing boost - very forgiving at 10/10th driving). fmic x e85 timing advance makes the motor feel like a peppy n/a off boost, instead of a low compression turbo motor off boost.

THINGS I HATED: Always on boost, no way to get anywhere long distance over 60mph. No highway power vs fast cars. My crowd is filled with more money than brains driving 10-11 second cars. Im just trying to be an adequate chase car these days :lol:

seriously? :lol: that's awesome.

I would go so far as to say that the car was unplesant to drive with the LWFW and LWPully on ca91oct pumpgas and was an absolute dream on e85. Its such a BIG tq difference in the powerband that it tremendously effects driveability in a very positive way. Shamar described my car as a "TORQUE MONSTER"

I'm almost as excited for Marshall as he is:p

Im just trying to be an adequate chase car these days :lol:

:lol::lol:

My excuse is I need to be late to work less often :lol:

I had my eyes peeled for a 39/48/52 for awhile but I didn't find any that had low miles and a clean history so I just went with a bnib 48 to be safe.

lol

Picked up the car today. I don't really have any appropriate words to describe the awesomeness. I think I averaged about 15mpg on my 250mile trip - KEEP IN MIND - I drove like an asshat on the interstate. Realistically I could easily get 20mpg at highway cruise. The dyno graph looks aweful - no data below 3200rpm so I don't know what rpm they started the pull. So I probably won't post it because it isn't really representative of the tune. There is the slightest bit of additional lag as compared to the stg2 VF46 tune. But the lag is more associated with the fmic, I believe. Torque still hits like an on/off switch and in the 3k-3.5k range, but there is a delay if you punch it at low rpm.

First gear is now officially useless... I had read alot of people saying this but didn't understand it until today lol.

Going to the drag strip Wednesday - not sure what to expect but I'm *hoping* for 12.8 and 108. I think those are good goals - not sure if I'll actually reach them.

lol

Loved my VF52/E85/TMIC setup! Gobs of torque and awesome response. I was able to run a best of 12.89 @107.2mph at 5860' altitude on this setup and had 4-5 other 12.9's and all traps 106-107mph. I am feeling good about your chances of 12.8/108. In for results and congrats. I've got a VF52 video of one of my 12.9x passes in my sig, FYI.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

:lol:

You need a ride in a fast Legacy my friend.;)

Yea I need rides in more setups. I've had that experience in a car with a larger turbo, the turbo hit late, then rev limiter immediately after.

Once the 39/48 on e85 starts pulling, does it pull all the way to the top?

But when you do 18 or 20g you lose low end. So the low gears suffer. I think 1st and 2nd gear is optimal with a vf turbo. Then again, I've never been in an 18/20g car.

What you are doing is perpetuating a myth that is so meaningless that it is led an entire car subculture to shoot for turbos that are too small. That may be true in SOME extreme cases (91oct at altitude), but is certainly not the case with e85 and its off boost timing advance.

Want to compare something meaningful as far as lag goes?

vf40/46 vs 20g otherwise vf39/52/16g/18g all similar low end.

Big turbos are nice..I almost regret not going bigger than my HTA...here is how it compares to my vf43 setup on corn.

Vf43

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=104288&d=1313966767

Hta

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=116358&d=1334697633

They both do up top at about 5500 rpm.

What you are doing is perpetuating a myth that is so meaningless that it is led an entire car subculture to shoot for turbos that are too small. That may be true in SOME extreme cases (91oct at altitude), but is certainly not the case with e85 and its off boost timing advance.

Want to compare something meaningful as far as lag goes?

vf40/46 vs 20g otherwise vf39/52/16g/18g all similar low end.

Show me same dyno same car VF turbo vs 20g. :spin:

Lag is lag. Small turbos achieve their peak torque at low rpm, large turbos achieve peak torque at higher rpm. Fact.

lol

Show me same dyno same car VF turbo vs 20g.

OMFG ARE YOU SERIOUS? Use the f-ing search button:lol::p:cool:

Lag is lag. Small turbos achieve their peak torque at low rpm, large turbos achieve peak torque at higher rpm. Fact.

Small turbos fall on their face and hold peak power for around 2500rpm of powerband and then falls on its face. Large turbos can make power from low 3000 well past 7000rpm. Thats a powerband of 3500rpm or wider. In almost every way thats way better.

Is a vf52/e85 superior to a 20g on ca pump 91? I think so except on the top end on the highway. Add e85 to that 20g and not only will you forget about lag, you will forget about 16g size turbos with a quickness.

Archived