LegacyGT.com

Tpms pairing device

• 3 months later...

Accessport can't help with TPMS

You need the ATEQ TPMS Quickset tool. It can read and write TPMS IDs on Subarus.

The Quickset tool is not the "whole solution" because it can only read your current set of TPMS IDs from the car, and write ones you have saved or manually enter. If you have a brand new set of tires with new TPMS, you need to figure out the IDs to enter them into the Quickset program. Here are some ways you might do this:

1.)Tire place might give you the IDs (TireRack does this)

2.)Dismount the tires and read the IDs

3.)Purchase another tool like the ATEQ VT30 and directly read the IDs

4.)Find a shop/person with the above and have them read the IDs and give them to you

5.)Have a Subie/Tire dealer "set" your TPMS, then use the Quickset to read those IDs later, then you will have them for next time.

Once you know all the TPMS IDs you can swap wheels and tires at will and update your TPMS IDs with the Quickset. The Quickset is only really worth it if you have multiple tire/wheel sets, makes it easy to swap at home. If it is a one time thing all the tire shops can set TPMS these days.

If you anyone is in the Boston area and need some TPMS help I have the Quickset and VT30.

I was just about to post this

http://img.tapatalk.com/4257540d-8333-a163.jpg

I bought them from Tirerack and instead of spending 100 to use it one time. I figured I could find someone local. Instead I got a few unnecessary answers.

Thank you to the people who did respond with informative answers

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Call around to dealers. They can pair them to your car and it shouldn't cost much more than $20. Another option, if you swap wheels back and forth a lot, is to purchase another TPMS computer module. They cost about $80. Have it programmed and swap out the module with the wheels. Saves you from having to go to the dealer twice a year if you run snow tires.

I was just about to post this

I bought them from Tirerack and instead of spending 100 to use it one time. I figured I could find someone local. Instead I got a few unnecessary answers.

Thank you to the people who did respond with informative answers

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Some TPMS sensors will do the same action this device causes with a sudden drop in pressure. Its a bit more inconvenient but also a bit cheaper. However, you still need to put the car into its TPMS learn mode and I am not sure how to do that on a Subaru.

^^^That VT15 above might not work, certainly not alone all it does is activate the sensors. There are no tools I know of, other than the dealer SSM of course, to put the TPMS into "learn mode", though some of the more expensive tools a tire shop has might do it.

The ATEQ Quickset is the cheapest tool that can set the IDs, but the TPMS IDs need to be read and saved or manually entered with it.

I have the VT30 which is a step up from the VT15, it can activate the sensor, and also display the ID so it can be recorded and used with the Quickset.

Archived