LegacyGT.com

Need help with the lingo

Alright everyone, I'm about to expose how much of a noob I am...I have been reading some of the posts, and there are things mentioned like ej22 (I think) and others...I need help understanding the Subie language. I have a '96 Legacy LS wagon, 2.2 and its an auto...I'd love to learn the talk for what it has.

so you have an EJ22 motor w/ a 4EAT transmission

great motor, will outlast the body for sure

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Ej is the series engines Subaru has used for over 2 decades. You have. Ej15-ej25. The first two numbers being the size. Our gts have a ej25d. The d is just a letter to id our block from say the ej255 or ej257 or ej251. The 5,7, and one are just to id the block. Nthen there are different castings number with really small casting differences. Any ej engine will bolt upnto any tranny and any ej engine will drop into any car the comes with an ej. Big legos. The eg33 also bolts up. But is a flat 6. Flat meaning the pistons travel parallel to the other bank. Like a v6 but the v is flattened to well this. __ the 4 cylinder engines are flat 4's

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using TapaTalk 2

• I Donated

BK - raised roof wagon 95-99

BD - sedan 95-99

BG - wagon 95-99

EJxx - Series of Subaru engines where xx represents the displacement. Like EJ25 would be 2.5 liter

5MT - 5 speed manual transmission

4EAT - 4 speed electronic automatic transmission

GT - "sports" version of the Legacy. Had the EJ25 and sportier suspension

Outback - The "off road" Legacy. It was made as an alternative to an SUV

L - Another trim of the Legacy...this one is pretty basic

Brighton - The base level Legacy

LSI - another trim level with lots of options on it

Postal Wagon - Right hand drive Legacy wagon for postal use

SS - Legacy sports sedan...This was a first generation turbo model

Touring Wagon - same as the SS, but was a wagon

IAC - idle air control valve

MAF - mass air flow sensor

cat - catalytic converter

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

oops!! corrected.

in 95 the leagcy offered an outback trim, like an LS trim or a brighton. it had the two tone pain, outback alloys, fogs and other such stuff.

in 96 the outback was offered with all the frills we love, step roof, hood scoop, taller struts, different bumpers, bigger fogs, etc.

notice i did not include the ej25 in the list of the things we love about the outback .......

http://images.craigslist.org/5L15Ke5Fa3E53La3Jfc69de7aa5ce3d02124d.jpg

• 1 year later...
So if you wanted the Look of a 2.5GT (hood scoop, ground effects spoilers ect.) but the reliability of the 2.2L, you could just "bolt on" those differing Trim & suspension items to a Brighton or an "L" ?

Archived