LegacyGT.com

rattle in the driver seat?

B4GT

Hi,

I've tried searching this and looked through all the topics in the warranty forum but couldn't find anything, so I apologize if this has been posted before.

I'm getting a clicking rattle sound in my car. It sounds like it's coming from under or behind the driver seat. I have the power seats btw. It's pretty audible from the driver seat. But if I sit in the back, it doesn't sound like it's coming from the back, but the front. It happens when I drive over rough or bumpy pavement at lower speeds.

It sounds like a metal ball rattling inside a tube.

Anyone else have this problem? It's really annoying and it's driving me nuts, yet hard to track down.

Any help would be appreciated!

Guest *Jedimaster*
Check the track- it's easy to get something in there like a rock and have it make noise. I had a penny in the track on one car- I kept ramming the seat back and forth trying to figure out why it wouldn't go all the way back. It was a lot of fun pulling that mangled penny out of the track after that...

well my seat used to make these rattles, Im not sure if your problem is simular to mine, but in my case, the seat's back rest was the reason. I went to my dealer, they got me a new seat back, for a while the rattle was gone, now its back.

So my guess is there r some screws that need to be tightened, somewhere in the seat where the back and the seat it self join.

let us know.

Archived