LegacyGT.com

Headlight Upgrades - NON VENDOR UPDATE THREAD

IDRVSLO

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had his cell number and email stored in my phone however I am almost positive that is him that I found on LinkedIn. I then googled the dealership and got their information and phone number as its public record. I wish I could find his address for you guys but I think I tossed all my stuff months ago from the Fedex claim I had.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Please look at post 249 in this thread. I've already compiled everything

Yeah you're welcome

Indeed you did, I apologize, I did not think any address was in your post, and I was mistaken. :)

NE 137th Ct Kirkland, WA is the address that you found all the pictures to have been taken at. If this is indeed his address is my question. This is better than any information I thought we had, but still not as definitive as we might need, but we will see.

Indeed you did, I apologize, I did not think any address was in your post, and I was mistaken. :)

NE 137th Ct Kirkland, WA is the address that you found all the pictures to have been taken at. If this is indeed his address is my question. This is better than any information I thought we had, but still not as definitive as we might need, but we will see.

Now that i think about it that IS his address because that is where I sent my lights to.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Unfortunately cops won't do anything. Even when handed something like this on a silver platter they'll just file it away and not be bothered. Seen it happen many times on car forums.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

That sucks that this happened but it really doesn't surprise me. As some may remember me and him got into it because I wasn't gonna pay to have him rebuild my headlights. I'm more than capable of doing it on my own.

But I just asked him a few simple questions. About what size rings did he use. Where they were purchased and how he mounted the demon eye LEDs. I understood if he didnt want to answer on the demon eyes. But he agreed and said he would get me some info to help me out.

Weeks went by with no response so I tackled the project blind. Found the rings. Mounted them. Found the LEDs for the demon eyes and mounted them. I later then posted. "Thanks for the help but I found out all of the info you agreed to aid me with on my own and I built my headlights." He got all butt hurt and said "don't post in my thread, blah blah blah"

I knew at that point this guy was a POS.

So again sorry this happened to you all but I'm not surprised. Hope he gets what's coming to him. Maybe you all should plan a road trip and show up at his door.

Continuing to get people money and lights. It has been a process but I am working to set things right.

last login to the site was 2 months ago...

how many got scammed?

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone hear from the deadbeat recently? I like barmanbean's suggestion to call his boss and explain what kind of POS he has working for him. At this point, if he's not going to pay up then I'd like to inflict some kind of pain in his life.

I have heard from him about 3 weeks ago. I called his work, and spoke with him directly. He was very concerned and asked how I got that number. I told him that I am good with computers, and the number was also posted on the forums, but that overall it was beside the point. He once again promised something that he did not follow through on. I have given this man more patience than he deserves. I was willing to wait for my money back, seeing as how bad things happen even to the best people. I made it known through text, email, voicemail, and PM on this website, that I was more than willing to work with him so as not to burden his finances too much at one time.

All of these niceties which I have given him have gotten me nowhere. I feel as if I will never be paid back, which is unacceptable to me.

The last recorded communication I have from him is a text sent on the 18th of September, 2013 stating he was going to get me a partial payment in the mail the following day. I have yet to receive any payment, or additional communications. Not happy at all. :(

Edited by lgt.kevin
Spelling

Really no one lives remotely close to this guy. I know damn well if I had wasted my money buying headlights from this guy. I'd show up at his house. I feel sorry for all of you but again the way he treated me it doesn't really surprise me at all.

If I lived even remotely close to him, I would have confronted him face to face months ago. I am not a violent or physical person, so I never would have resorted to anything like that. I do feel that an in person face-to-face conversation often yields more honesty, and in some cases, humility if that is what is needed. But it can be hard to say that it would have changed anything at this point.

• 5 weeks later...
Maybe it's better you guys get no response..... all I get are more lies and bounced checks! Time to step it up!

You may very well be right. I have heard from him a few times, but hardly anything noteworthy. I avoided posting anything up here until I could say what the outcome was, but so far, I am in the same boat with you hassa. I have had one bounced check, and a bunch of lies. My bank, as do most if not all, assesses me a fee for checks that return insufficient funds. So not only do I not have any of my money, but I have now paid another $10 just to get blown off.

I have no problem allowing a person to prove me wrong and redeem themselves, but I am out a grand! To me that is unacceptable.

Scott, if you by chance read this, you have every chance to redeem yourself. Either make sure your checks don't bounce, or send everyone who is owed money something they can trust. Cashiers Checks and Money Orders are fairly reliable, and much more tangible to someone who feels they have been slighted by you over and over, than a personal check with a 0% chance it will actually go through.

I feel really bad for you guys it really sucks that Scott has lied and scammed you all. He made it right by me and my entire purchase was only about $300. I would give him a call at work or try and contact his family in the town he lives in. Its unacceptable for someone to get away with crap like this these days.

Have any of you guys tried to take him to small claims? called the cops? filed a police report? contacted his employer (Mercedes)? contacted paypal? contacted your CC company to refund the charge? contacted his bank?

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

• Moderators

You guys need to setup a centralized database of what money is owed. One person calling about $500-1000 isn't going to mean as much as multiple "customers" in multiple states with a grand total of much more than that.

I feel bad for everyone, but honestly it doesn't seem like anyone is actually DOING anything other than bitching and moaning here. Someone take ownership, get details on the customers that have been harmed (name, address, contact info, and EVIDENCE of wrong doing--emails, promises made, receipts, etc). Build a case.

This is relatively minor white-collar crime in the grand scheme of things I'm sure--the authorities don't seem to want to investigate for you, so do it yourself and spoon feed them the information. Talks to KartRacerBoy here on the forum--he's out of work but knows the legal system. I'm sure he could possibly help you to put things together in the proper way, and hell, if it helps you guys out to get most/all of your money back then toss him a cut for the service.

Just throwing ideas around here, and only trying to help, not offend. Wish you guys the best of luck here, but the longer it goes the harder it's going to be to get any traction I would think. Also, seems useless to continue to talk directly with Scott if all he's doing is continuing to lie and send bad checks.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(