LegacyGT.com

05 -> 07 Headunit upgrade - anything I should know before I order?

Canon20D

I think i want to get the 07 HU from subaru, and get the Ipod kit, and AUX in.

But my current set up includes a factory sub, but is wired different (or so i think)

The cable I bought was not advertised as such, but was a home made jobby, from the forward and reverse harnesses.

I plug the car plug into this and this into the headunit, so I think im not using the "standard" plug the OEM sub would normally connect to.

Would this allow me to continue to use this sub until I buy the CAS box later, and still beable to mod the AUX connector and get MP3s and Ipod all in one unit?

That would be pretty sweet.

Or should I get the 06 Mp3 only model (this one does not have AUX in, nor does the impreza ipod kit work either correct?) and buy the CAS custom box :)

I too have the factory sub plugged in and would love an aux in option for XM. Someone was selling a radio/heat from their L GT on ebay, but I didn't pick it up. I wouldn't mind buying one, and then taking my time doing the JazzyMT mod....

If you can swap out with the 07 HU... that would be awesome. Any idea the cost in $?

I have the OEM (dealer or port installed) sub as well and it should work fine. The way you describe it sounds like my Sub is attached similarly.

Well, I don't know a whole lot about how it all works but I can tell you that my sub doesn't plug into the stereo separately. There is only one plug going into the back of the stereo so you should be fine Canon20D.

Cheers!

-Ian

Awesome - any input on how it scrolls ipods vs mp3s (im getting the unit for my b-day this week) and will basiclly only have Mp3s till I get the Ipod unit for xmas (and probably an Ipod too :-/ :lol: i must be the last person on earth that doesnt have one!)

wow- for that price, it doesnt even scroll

Think i might just get the 06 w/ mp3 then! any features id loose by getting that over the 07 other than Sat / ipod input?

for 430 i can get 06 mp3s and half of the CAS box =D

It scrolls about 25 characters on the iPod display. Don't know how many it scrolls with an MP3 cd since I still haven't tried one in it.

You'd lose Sat/iPod and Aux if you went with the 06 over the 07.

wait it shows Ipod text? I thought it was just a Line In plug for the ipod.

I think he's talking about when it's used with the iPod integration kit.

Exactly.

http://www.neurosybir.net/nkoan/images/iPodInstall/IMG_2511.jpg

http://www.neurosybir.net/nkoan/images/iPodInstall/IMG_2514.jpg

And for Canon20D,

I put an MP3 CD into my 07 Headunit this morning. Not quite sure if this is what you wanted to know, but you can choose between the folder name and the MP3 name. It didn't seem to be picking up any ID3 tags, and would only display 12 characters (no scrolling). I don't know if that's the same as the 06's MP3 CD capabilities or not, but the iPod and satellite text scrolling seems much more advanced.

Archived