LegacyGT.com

removing door trim and dash on 2012

usd2789

alright i know you guys are going call me stupid and tell me to google.

But i did and im about to do this and i just want to make sure im not about break my door off.

so the screws on the side of the door you dont have to touch. all you have to do is just use a prying tool to disable the clips around the inside trim

i got a pair of component polk dxi6500 front and rear 2 way

i like the stock head and dont want to change it so im going to try out the new alpine ktp-445u 4 way amp for the speakers.

apparently you dont have to connect it to the battery and small enough to mount right behind the head.

then the infinity bass link for the sub.

i installed that shit stock stealth sub already so know how to take the head out. Had to return it cause it never fit the connectors. but what about the rest of the dash so i can get to the tweeters.

i got a pretty good idea what to do. just any advice or tips would be much appreciated. pics would be great

There are two screws on the door that must be removed. The first is behind the door latch and the second is in the coin holder. Once removed the door must be popped out of the clips, then pulled up and out.

Also, the tweeters can be accessed by popping off the grills over them in the front left and right of the dash. No screws, just get a thin tool under the grill and use leverage.

That was a big help. Thanks

It took a bit for me to put it back on before I relized you just pop off the triangle piece on the inside of the door opposite the mirror before putting the door trim back on.

And also the trim does not come of completely. There's Bowden cables for the lock and handle. So have clamps or a box to put underneath on hand.

Adapters to mount the speakers did not fit. What a suprise.

Work in progress

Archived