LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

The clip was deformed and broke when I pulled it off. Unfortunately this clip only comes with tye purchase of a new pressure plate. After searching I called up the only other person in northern az with a 5 spd SS and he happened to have a clutch that got the wrist pin shoved in it.so he gave the the pressure plate with the clip still attached. Score! Other subie owners are always helpful. Tomorrow ill try and get around to installing and starting the motor but I have finals this week and will probably be studying the next few days.

Went to a local self serve wreckers and to my suprise I found a '92 Liberty Heritage sedan sitting there which was relatively untouched. As a result I got some standard bar fog lights and harness and switch. May have to go back to the same car and get the rest of the harness that I could not access.

I'll edit this post when I'm at home and upload a pic of what I mean.

I also got me a nice condition leather centre console lid that was virtually untouched.

I travelled to another yard owned by the same people hoping to find some more spares but those cars were stoves I for starters and stripped for all useful parts.

That's sweet I didn't know there was a leather lid for the center console. My SS came with all leather interior/door cards from an lxi but a leather center console lid would just set it off, plus its probably more comfortable for the arm to rest on.

I was unable to work on my car today due to homework and finals this week.

I'll take a few pics of them side by side to illustrate the difference tomorrow arvo when I get home.

The Heritage model here in Australia is top of the line. Leather, sunroof heated seats and foglights if those boxes are ticked sadly it was discontinued over here after the second Generation.

I have a GX AWD Rallye Auto (I'm ashamed to admit) which was a base model with electric everything, Sunroof and spoiler. Unfortunately mine did not get the foglights from factory. :(

Still has the stock head unit and sound system. the sunroof is cracking though. Anyone got tips on doing the sunroof cassette replacement?

I have to say though there is only a handful of parts I can't get new which is a good thing for a 19 year old car.

I might also add the Rallye model was a special edition and a "little brother" model to the RS/GT and also signaled the end of the line for First Gen Production. My model is a 1993.

Edited by AfterBurner_1

I replaced my auto seatbelt and put the correct bulb in the backup light. Someone put and 1156 in an 1157 socket or the other way around. Didn't work too well. Now she should be ready for state inspection.

Sweet! You fix it for cheap?

AfterBurner1: Haha...well, that's pretty common.

I had to pull the motor to realign the clutch and finally getting the motor in place. I started it up and and began letting it warm up, it was idling rough and backfiring when I reved it. Figured timng was off, it was 1 tooth off. I got it retimed and before installing the covers I started it to check and it was much smoother. Ill finish it up tomorrow and get this panda on the road.

Sweet! You fix it for cheap?

AfterBurner1: Haha...well, that's pretty common.

i got an extra seatbelt with the car so i just had to swap out the whole assembly. Just got the double din navigation unit in. Got the xm up and running and the gps ant routed. Today i will hopefully pick up some wrx struts and get the speakers in.

So the last 2-3 days I've been messing with my timing belt because it was running rough. 3 timing attempts later and I keep getting same results. Rough idle, bad throttle response and backfiring when it gor warmed up. So I pulled the plugs and one was wet with fuel, went down and bought new plugs. Still no better and the same plug is wet. I pulled the plugs back out left the coilpacks attached to plugs sitting on the intake manifold. I used a tiewire to wrap all the grounds of the plugs together and had someone crank it. One plug was not getting any spark. So I started ringing out the wires from the coilpack to the ignitors was okay. Then the ecm to the ignitors which was fine. I then plugged the ignitors back in and sure enough I got spark. So the problem was in the connector to my link plus ignitors. Put it back together and it purred to life. Edited by USLiberty

Thanks for all the positive feedback, been fixing a few thing here and there. Installing the rear window trim for the pasenger rear quarter panel. Seems my window wasn't seated tight enough against the window seat. I will have to figure something out to glue the trim on or have the window pulled off and reglued on. Luckily our family business does a lot of business with the local glass shop and the guy doing the autoglass is a friend of mine. Then the ignitir bug shiwed its ugly face again. Its a connection issue with the ignitor plug. They're link ignitors designed for the ej20g ccoilacks and I already cleaned the crap outta them. So my motor runs on 3 cylinders when this plug loses connection, ill unwrap the harness and check for comtinuity again. What a pita!

Besides the mechanical issues I'm waiting on a notarized bill of sale that I never got from the originalwner.

Yeah I have the title but the idiot didn't get it notorized like I told him to when I went to get the car. Someone told him it didn't need to be notorized, just signed. If I knew a notary I could just have them forge it. I told the kid I bought it from if anything happens while I'm driving it the title is still in his name and he could be held responsible. Especially if I robbed a bank and ditched the car. He would be in a world of hurt.