LegacyGT.com

Bulb Guide

Deer Killer

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ :) NP. Yep, that fitment always confused me, too, until someone asked me via PM, and I in-turn asked that person to confirm with a public-Forum post. :) Both of us got the benefit of the answer, that day. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I do believe the 08-09 LGT retains the H3-style foglight bulb. HB4 is incorrect and won't fit. As far as what to get, it is entirely up to you. You have 2 choices: more light at the sacrifice of performance in bad weather, or better light to improve bad weather performance. If you want better, the best bulbs are selective yellow.

Here is a selection of both types

http://store.candlepower.com/h3bulbs.html

Careful with overwattage bulbs, they might melt the tiny housing. I do believe stock is 55w.

Thanks. But they are HB4s. The bulbs are 3k, looking for higher output, but in the mean time, when I went in, the bolts that hold the housings in place were loose. After changing the bulbs, I tightened the bolts and the fogs realigned perfectly. Only thing is: I found out both of my lenses are cracked :spin::spin::spin:. Now what?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i have slyvania silver star headlights in my 03 forester and my 03 ZO6 corvette for over a year, no problems, just installed a complete set (9005ST, H7,H3) silver star's in my 06 lgt., what a difference, brighter WHITE light, more detailed/sharper, and yes the other two cars same difference, much improved, purchased at Auto Barn.com, $19.95@ free shipping over $100, HID's from factory are better than kits from what i've seen, silver stars good bang for the buck, bosco

just ordered some new low beam bulbs for my 06 LGT

• 3 weeks later...
Um, this will probably make me sound like a complete dumbass but how the he'll do I remove the bulbs out of the fog light housing. Im trying to replace it but is there something I should look for? I searchedthe forum to come up empty. I feel as if I try to pull the bulb out I am forcing it and might end up breaking the glass of the bulb.

Anyone know what bulbs are in the 2007 LGT mirror turn signals?? looking to get rid of the ugly orange and get some LED or just plain white bulbs.

They are definitely already LED but I believe they are proprietary PCB embedded ones.

They are definitely already LED but I believe they are proprietary PCB embedded ones.

Yeah, that Orange when signaling or locking/unlocking my car just looks Ugly. Maybe i'll get ambitious this weekend and try to find a way to pop those covers off (if thats even possible, seems a little too easy) :lol:

• 6 months later...

Not Bulb, but may be it will help some one

Was

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cROZJY5zXr8]00030.MTS - YouTube[/ame]

Middle

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye9Ic5JezZU]00031.MTS - YouTube[/ame]

Now

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y2DikU3Txw]00033.MTS - YouTube[/ame]

• 1 month later...
They are pure white.

What do u mean - "off-axis"?

Thanks.

As for off-axis - to the sides, not directly behind, etc...

Since the halogens emit light at equal strength all around the bulb, the reflector behind can scatter the light better. Some LED bulbs don't emit light all around and hence have a narrower "cone" of light.

Think of a flood light vs. a spot light.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...