LegacyGT.com

eTune with factory plugs

chimera

Cryo did stage 2 tune on my car, always had ongoing issues with the tunes, irregularities on log data, inconsistencies etc, not once did I think it was Dave's fault - just felt there wasn't something quite right with the car.

So my latest service, mechanic calls says plugs are completely shot and look like they had never been replaced and looked like original plugs from factory. After losing my rag and asking why the f#%k this hadn't been picked up in previous services and receiving a mumbled response... my question is to what degree (no pun intended) would poor plugs contribute to the etune and/or performance?

I would think inconsistent feed back would certainly be a factor, but by how much? What symptoms would you expect during a tune with crappy plugs?

Bad plugs and or other sensors will make e-tuning a nightmare. Get them swapped out, reflash your last tune from Dave and go from there. That's the only way to know how much they were affecting the car. I would do that and see if Dave will take a look at your logs. It should be better.

Logan

Well as mentioned Dave has been kind enough to take another look at the tune with the new plugs, here's the 0-100 time ( JDM, kmph not mph :-) for my stage 2 tune post plugs changed.

Now let's see Dave work his magic on top of this. Much happier with the stage 2 tune with new plugs, just not quite as quick as earlier revisions - although perhaps he was unknowingly having to over compensate for lack of spark...

Archived