LegacyGT.com

Looking at an 08 3.0R

Weazel240

Hi everyone, i have owned imprezas most of my driving career, mostly the first gen style, 14 in total to be exact lmao. i have owned 1 05 LGT too.

However im in the market for an 08 09 3.0R.

Im looking at a 08 currently, downside is that is has 120k on the clock.

My main concern is how reliable are these thing?

what are their known problems?

what should i look out for?

I want to add that i test drove an 05 Outback 3.0r recently with 155k and during an overnight test drive, the tranny cooling line (the one that goes the the radiator) popped off and i creeped it to a gas station, few days later i called the service department and the said the tranny is fried .:bbq::spin:

They're pretty much bullet proof. That's why I bought one. Apparently I need to look out for the tranny lines though!

I think you already know this but there isn't a lot of modification to be had for the 3.0R. That's it's major drawback.

Engines are bullet-proof. Just make sure you run them on premium fuel, and follow the prescribed maintenance routine. The Legacy platform itself is smooth, comfortable and a good-looking styling departure for Subaru. Would not hesitate to buy one of these. Looking for one myself.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 1 month later...
High mileage on a 3.0...especially if maintained properly, not even a concern. Price sounds like some-one wants out of the car...I'd at least take it for a pre-inspection and if good, buy it.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived