LegacyGT.com

Wanted: Spring-loaded Angled Front License Plate bracket

Yayo

Hey guys, wondering if anyone knows where to get the flexible angled bracket. I've seen many places that sell the fixed bracket, but I am looking for the one that is spring-loaded.

The spring-loaded bracket would angle 45 degrees when driving above a certain speed and then return back to a original position when the car is at a stop.

Any help is appreciated. thanks.

Back in the day I used two door hinges from home depot and also taped a washer to the behind underside so at speed the plate would disappear and when you would slow down it would look normal.

cost was less then $10

I have the manual version of this for the simple reason I figure I will just knock it off eventually anyway. It is on my Mustang, but would work just fine on my LGT if my plate wasn't already mounted to bumper. With a little fab, this would work on any car.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv32Z8lg4F4]Mustang Flip Down License Plate Holder - Motorized and Manual (79-14 All) Review - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks guys for the input.

The hide-away plates wouldn't really work for me because I don't want to cover fmic airflow.

Best solution may to try to make one with torsion spring like chrispyvu recommended.

Archived