LegacyGT.com

FMIC Hood scoop question Need help asap.

So i decided to go with a FMIC. This maybe a stupid question but i searched and cant find anything. When I install my FMIC is there something i need to do to the hood scoop? (would water in the engine bay cause problems?) If there is something I need to buy or something i need to do from preventing a problem please let me know asap (possibly links where i can find the fix). Thanks for the help and once again sorry if this is a dumb question.

don't worry about the hood scoop, but you better make sure to cover the lower part of your grille when you wash your car because you never want to get soap on any kind of intercooler. it could cause really bad things to happen.

don't worry about the hood scoop, but you better make sure to cover the lower part of your grille when you wash your car because you never want to get soap on any kind of intercooler. it could cause really bad things to happen.

yes and soap on a FMIC is way worse than a TMIC since the FMIC has a much greater surface area

here we go again with the soap and intercooler joke. :lol: i knew when i asked this that i might start something like the bondo or soap thing. i was just concerned with the water from rain in the engine bay cause i have destroyed electrical parts (sensors and harness shorted) on other cars cause of excess water.

I say you create some ducting that will force air down to the FMIC, or vent over to the front brakes....

As for the water issue, I understand your concern, but I don't think enough water is going to get into the scoop, I'm guessing your shorts occured when driving through heavy water and large amounts came from underneath....

I say you create some ducting that will force air down to the FMIC, or vent over to the front brakes....

As for the water issue, I understand your concern, but I don't think enough water is going to get into the scoop, I'm guessing your shorts occured when driving through heavy water and large amounts came from underneath....

due to the second part of your post being serious, I can't tell if the first part of your post is serious or not

due to the second part of your post being serious, I can't tell if the first part of your post is serious or not

Honestly I don't think it would help, as the airflow would be minimal to either the brakes of FMIC (and there isn't much room to run ducting) not to mention the fact that the air would be heated by the engine by the time it got to the destination........ so I guess it wasn't all too serious, but what the hell, it may be worth the effort :lol:

Honestly I don't think it would help, as the airflow would be minimal to either the brakes of FMIC (and there isn't much room to run ducting) not to mention the fact that the air would be heated by the engine by the time it got to the destination........ so I guess it wasn't all too serious, but what the hell, it may be worth the effort :lol:

go with your gut instinct :)

I'm guessing your shorts occured when driving through heavy water and large amounts came from underneath....

Personally I like to wear a swimsuit as opposed to shorts, but if the water is coming from underneath perhaps depends are the way to go.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Archived