LegacyGT.com

My 2010 Legacy GT Accessory/Mod Tracker

Stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel are in. I'm 20 miles into my break in so far.

Holy crap that stock flywheel is heavy. Mady my arms tired just carrying it out to put in the trunk. In regards to clutch it's a whole new car. Engagement point is MUCH lower (always thought the OEM one was kind of high). It's also springier and where the stock clutch had 1/4 out, half out, 3/4 out, positions this one has 2 positions, in and out. :lol:

It engaged so low I actually stalled the first time because it caught me off guard. I took the way home that intentionally put me in rush hour traffic so I could get some practice and see about leg fatigue. Happy to report no fatigue and I'm already getting used to the new setup. Just another 480 miles till I can really try it out.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The L.W. fly wheel will always be on or off. If you haven't had one before you'll discover how much you love/hate it. The engine response is usually incredible, but frustrating when you left off .00000000001 sec too early and kill it pulling into your driveway.

I love this thread.

• 4 months later...
Got some goodies in the mail yesterday. The front pads should be on the front stoop when I get home. Tried to convince my installer to use her little hands to put the lines on but she was only interested in putting them in her mouth.

IMG_1982.thumb.jpg.81412dd9e7c4a35f32bc6230c3efd6bf.jpg

IMG_1988.thumb.jpg.bc54ef8f9a5d1570b3809baf2eafaebd.jpg

IMG_1990.thumb.jpg.cd53e53017c4ec224aa13a2073b9eb5e.jpg

IMG_1991.thumb.jpg.f607a023d413a9b4fffc2614ef3b4deb.jpg

IMG_1992.thumb.jpg.a730076bf375abafded6f2b98edef402.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg.8357645269e079cbf7a6e98c8a5c3426.jpg

As stated above pedal is much stiffer and has a better feel. Definitely get a quicker and stronger (but not harsh) bite with the new pads.

Good to hear.

I need to get my lines and pads on, had a seriously close encounter with stopping short on the thruway the other day. Need to stop faster :lol:

Good to hear.

I need to get my lines and pads on, had a seriously close encounter with stopping short on the thruway the other day. Need to stop faster :lol:

Better tires will probably help you brake faster 60-0.

Sent from my craptastic android

Mine are almost dead. I'm currently looking at getting some star specs.

Star Spec's have been out for awhile and the design is getting somewhat old compared to newer offerings. Car And Driver did a summer tire review in July and the Dunlop's were at the bottom of the list, compared to first place back in 2009. They still seem to be a great value though.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/monsters-of-grip-nine-summer-performance-tires-tested-comparison-test

Back on topic...

How are your hids holding out acumenhokie?

Sent from my craptastic android

I leave them on auto so they come off and on all the time. I half expected to burn them out by now but so far no issues (knock on wood). Anything I should know about them?

• 3 weeks later...
So how do you secure the gauge in that pod - is it just that foam pad looking thing? Looks like you got the 60mm? Is that a defi blue-racer gauge? can't wait to see pics! (well... maybe I can since if it looks good, I'll almost certainly be going that route...)

So how do you secure the gauge in that pod - is it just that foam pad looking thing? Looks like you got the 60mm? Is that a defi blue-racer gauge? can't wait to see pics! (well... maybe I can since if it looks good, I'll almost certainly be going that route...)

The foam pad is 3M adhesive (i didn't pull off the tab yet to reveal the sticky) but the pod itself fit very snug and I doubt would come out even without the adhesive. It's a 52mm defi blue racer gauge.