LegacyGT.com

Sway bar suggestions 05 lgt

oside13

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I personally am going to just change the rsb with a whiteline 20mm (cheap :)) or avo piece. With a match I would go with the Perrins matched set (but not the 25mm...that just seems ridiculously close to becoming a solid axle front and rear wrangler :lol:)

I am pretty happy with my Cobb set. I bought the rear one 1st. That made the back of the car feel like it wanted to kick out in turns, but the car was still very drivable. Putting the Cobb front on, balanced the car out well. I have heard of people breaking a stock endlink, but I still use the stock ones and I autocross the car.

I have never seen anybody complain from there Progress bars. If you do plan on doing a catback exhaust I know some do not seem to fit really well with some RSBs....Perrins catback comes to mind as being mentioned a few times.

I'm curious how many of you running huge sway bars are still on the stock LGT struts. Sounds like you may be using the sway bars to compensate.

that's what i was thinking, a 22mm from perrin would be perfect for the rear.

I'd personally go Perrin 25mm front and rear and then hard setting in front, soft in rear. 25mm also isn't huge, more like normal for performance bars. My buddies run 29mm on their WRX's and STi's, that's big. One guy in a local club is running a 30some mm front sway on his genesis coupe, lol.

I have Cusco, but if you want good quality sways for less, get the Rallitek swaybar kit(with or without endlinks). I would get front and rear at the same time cuz it could get tail happy if you are used to your stock understeer, and with front swaybar, it gives you a better initial bite(which works great if you have some LCA positive castor bushings). Endlinks are not necessary since you can always change them to aftermarket when/if they do break. I never changed mine. I did however added some washers between the endlinks and the swaybar to make up a few mm of difference in the overall length between the oem sways and the Cuscos. This way it keeps the endlink straight and allows it to do its job instead of making the clunk noise a lot of people are experiencing and eventually breaking apart. Hope this helps.

I'm unsure of how true this is (and feel free to correct me) but I read that as you go deeper into suspension mods, the less aggressive the sway bar(s) needs to be. IE- stock everything else, go big. But as springs, struts/coilovers, bushings, control arms, wheels, tires and so on are changed, you can run a smaller bar and come out ahead.

Archived